PDA

View Full Version : debian/rules install

Hendrixski
July 5th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I made a .deb of my own helloworld program but after I run dpkg -i I can't seem to run the program! Ideally if i type helloworld into the command prompt I should get my program to pop up. is there some modification I should be making to the debian/rules file.

Also, is there a way to get your programs to appear in the applications-->accessories menu? Is that done in packaging/install-scripts or in the program itself?

Hendrixski
July 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
This is the current instal... i assume that there's some voodoo stuff i could add to the part where it says #add commands to install the package
But I'm still kind of new to all of this... and was hoping someone could point me in a direction where I'd understand it better.

$ ls
debian form1.ui helloworld-0.1.pro helloworld.cpp images
[code]

[code]
install: build
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_installdirs

# Add here commands to install the package into debian/hellonurse.
$(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/hellonurse install

Hendrixski
July 11th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I GOT IT!!!!

Ok, so sometimes I go looking around these forums and I see someone post a problem but never the solution, and I get mad... so here I'll post the solution.

Sometimes you need to replace DESTDIR with INSTALL_ROOT, that is for cases not covered by automake... which I guess Qt was one of them. Don't know when else one may need to do this but it works.

The symptom is that when you run dpkg -i mypackage the package doesn't install... therefor you can't run myprogram from commandline. Try changing that line in debian/rules and TADA!!!!!!!!!