PDA

View Full Version : Amarok "Various Artists" and iPod Compilations

Darko Beta
July 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I have had many problems with getting my Amarok "various artists" collections to stay under "compilations" on my iPod. For some reason, the soundtrack songs would always end up in my main collection on my iPod even though they were classified as "various artists" in Amarok.

Well, yesterday I spent a while researching and trial & error, and I found a method to correct this using Ex Falso and a non-compliant tag called TCMP.

So, I am wondering if other people have had this problem? If so, then I will write up a HOW TO and post it in the tutorial section.

ThinkBuntu
July 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I have two. About half of my songs fall under "Various Artists > Album name..." even though I've been meticulously managing my music since iTunes debuted as 1.0 in 2001, so every album has all artists lined up as expected. The other is that deleting from a playlist actually removes the songs from file, as if the files and playlists don't operate at all independently. Deleting a spare "To Go 1" playlist off my iPod lost a few singles and an album that I had to add again.

tutwabee
July 22nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I've been having this problem too and it's driving me nuts. I am very interested in your fix.

BDNiner
July 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Yes this annoys me also. I have various compliation albums and amarok tries to add the songs to the original album that the song was first released.

elkaye
January 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
i am very interested in your fix, i hate that my ipod will not group compilations together when i am using amarok. please post that tutorial soon. thank you.

Wollombi
June 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Did you ever write up the how-to?