PDA

View Full Version : My "XP" bashing post at DesktopLinux

KrazyPenguin
July 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Need feedback on my post:
http://www.desktoplinux.com/cgi-bin/board/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=linvswin&Post=839&Idle=0&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=0&Session=

Trolls coming at me, I defend, stand my guard.

Read number 13 posted by me (CrazyPenguin) at 07-04-2007 11:10:14.

I think it is funny.

I also think I win !!!

;-)

orange2k
July 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Haven`t you got anything better to do? ;)

KrazyPenguin
July 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Haven`t you got anything better to do? ;)

If you read the first thread, it is about my problems with my laptop.
With Ubuntu eveything works fine, but with XP, drivers are missing.
Lots o fun trying to download drivers when you can't connect to the internet.

Then Billy sends in the trolls, I have no choice to defend.

Yes, a little time consuming, but i had fun.

I don't think this is over though .......... !?!?!??!?? :shock:
;-)

DoctorMO
July 4th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Your very excitable, and that's good we need people to be excited; but telling because that everything will work and in the tone your typing gives off a false and perhaps even arrogant position.

Calm down, have some tea and apologise to that forum. not because your wrong but because your tone is way out of rude.

Quillz
July 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on perpetuating the myth that Linux users are uptight and as dedicated to their OS as Apple users.

phrostbyte
July 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Congratulations on perpetuating the myth that Linux users are uptight and as dedicated to their OS as Apple users.

There is nothing wrong with saying Windows XP sucks, especially when he backs it up with facts/experiences with it. Most people who say Linux sucks because "it has small marketshare", or "you have to program your own drivers", or some stupid crap like that. And there is nothing wrong with promoting Linux to other people especially as an alternative to Windows.

maagimies
July 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I may almost 13, but at least i'm not a 40 year old virgin living at home with mommy.
And if you don't like OMFG or cuz then don't read my posts. Because I don't want to hurt you feelings fagboy, cuz I know how sensitive you are.Wow, how immature. Do you always resort to name calling when you run out of things to say?
He didn't even say anything bad to you and you just shitted all over him. edit: Ok, he did call you "geek-boy", but that just isn't enough to get so angry about ;)
And I do not see any MS fanboys over there, just one overzealous brat.

And by the way, it is just as easy to get stranded on a Linux installation because the kernel doesn't support your NIC, search the forums, it happens.
I'm lucky/informed that I've always picked hardware that works, and it seems that you are too.
Just don't expect other people's experiences be the same as yours.

Always look at the issue from other point of view.

Quillz
July 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with saying Windows XP sucks, especially when he backs it up with facts/experiences with it. Most people who say Linux sucks because "it has small marketshare", or "you have to program your own drivers", or some stupid crap like that. And there is nothing wrong with promoting Linux to other people especially as an alternative to Windows.
No, there is nothing wrong with promoting Linux, I'm all for it. But why resort to name-calling and other Windows bashing, isn't that how Apple promotes the Mac platform? We should try our best to act professional and mature when promoting Linux, I think that would make for a much more successful crusade of switchers.

Ireclan
July 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
People like you really make me question the value of humans as a species. You, sir, have left an extraordinarily BAD taste in my mouth. Please try to be less of a over excitable, obsessed, ill-worded condescending prick in the future. Most of those people were being perfectly reasonable toward you, and you acted like a complete jerk in return. Good day.

maniacmusician
July 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
As a Linux user, I can say the following things:

1. You made horrible, one sided points that showed no objectivity whatsoever. You weren't even close to being impartial.

2. You have no debating or diplomatic skills whatsoever. It could have to do with the fact that you're just a kid, but regardless, you came off as an arrogant loser with few intellectual skills. Going around parading with an attitude like "OMG my toyz is better than yourz" is not the way to show people that the OS you're talking about is good.

3. Quite frankly, you're an embarrasment to Linux users. A harsh evaluation, but you're going around showing people that Linux users can act like stuck up, un-observant, elitist fanboys. If I was a Windows user, I probably wouldn't have been as nice to you as those people were.

What's even more embarrasing is that the first poster who replied to you was being perfectly nice and courteous to you, and you replied acting like an *** and being completely rude.

You're really making us all look bad.

jdrodrig
July 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
KrazyPenguin, I'm sure you are not getting the kind of "feedback in my post" that you were expecting....but I agree that once name calling and insults start, reasoning stops....

Btw, For the better or the worse, Microsoft has developed the "Windows capable" certification..did your laptop satisfy the requirements?

I could not help but notice that you recently posted on Re: What doesn't work for you in Gutsy?, admitting your wireless did not work on Tribe 2,.... sounds familiar?.... one crucial difference in Linux -vs- Windows is not how many devices work out of the box, but how we as *a community* try to solve such problems

Ralob
July 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
While I think Windows is definitely not up to par with my personal standards, I don't think i would go about it the way you did which was both rude and insulting. But hey, whatever floats your boat...

Paul820
July 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I can't understand all these annoying, name calling, nit picking arguments over which OS is the best. Why can't you just use the damn thing for what it's made for. It's just an OS!! If you like linux, use it, if you like windows, use that. There is really no need for what the OP said on that forum though, maybe he will calm down a bit now.

steveneddy
July 4th, 2007, 11:06 PM
As a Linux user, I can say the following things:

1. You made horrible, one sided points that showed no objectivity whatsoever. You weren't even close to being impartial.

2. You have no debating or diplomatic skills whatsoever. It could have to do with the fact that you're just a kid, but regardless, you came off as an arrogant loser with few intellectual skills. Going around parading with an attitude like "OMG my toyz is better than yourz" is not the way to show people that the OS you're talking about is good.

3. Quite frankly, you're an embarrasment to Linux users. A harsh evaluation, but you're going around showing people that Linux users can act like stuck up, un-observant, elitist fanboys. If I was a Windows user, I probably wouldn't have been as nice to you as those people were.

What's even more embarrasing is that the first poster who replied to you was being perfectly nice and courteous to you, and you replied acting like an *** and being completely rude.

You're really making us all look bad.

Agreed.

Bothered
July 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I'm not going to be recruited into a flame war (which seems to be flaming from one side, btw).

Eggnog
July 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM
That was some of the most arrogantly immature playground name calling and inane ranting I've had the misfortune of reading in a long time. I am dumber for having read that thread.

Bothered
July 4th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Calm down, have some tea and apologise to that forum. not because your wrong but because your tone is way out of rude.

I agree.

You're being criticised by both camps here because of a lack of balance/inappropriate tone/insults and so on.

kamaboko
July 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM
It's pretty obvious your post on the other BB was to conjure up a fight...not even a debate...about Linux vs. Windows. Driver problems go hand-in-hand with any OS, as do software crashes. Hell, I was just working in Open Office today and it crashed on me. (I took a screen shot for my pro Linux friend to bug the hell out of him ;)). In any case, stuff happens. Suggestion: don't go into IT if driver problems **** you off that much. That's pretty low on the ladder.

Bachstelze
July 5th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Unnecessary flamebait...

http://ftp.baseweb.nl/ftp/www.nicla.nl/htdocs/Nieuwsbrieven/Nieuwsbrief%20Juni%202006/closed.jpg