PDA

View Full Version : Windows Forum For Linux

LaRoza
July 3rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
I have heard of what some people say of Windows forum members response when they hear of a Linux user.

There is a forum for Windows that is Linux friendly and ever has a Linux sub forum! The forum is being changed at the moment so it may look strange at times, but you can change the theme at the bottom.

Here it is:
http://www.vistaboard.org/

The UF member "vistaboard" is the administrator of that forum. The forum is growing rapidly and it would be nice to have people experienced in Linux and Windows taking part in that forum.

(There is a typo on the forum, it will probably be fixed soon so don't harpe on it)

Old Pink
July 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Why, exactly?

If Vista users want to learn about Linux they should come here, I don't see why we should go to a Windows forum to post just because they've made a subforum for us.

Sorry, but I'm not going to put time into registering and posting at what is primarily a Windows forum, purely because there's the option to.

LaRoza
July 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Why, exactly?

If Vista users want to learn about Linux they should come here, I don't see why we should go to a Windows forum to post just because they've made a subforum for us.

Sorry, but I'm not going to put time into registering and posting at what is primarily a Windows forum, purely because there's the option to.

Why? To spread knowledge. I didn't learn of Ubuntu in this forum.

By the way, this forum has an active Window forum.

starcraft.man
July 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Ummmm, that forum looks kinda dead.... theres barely 60 threads across all the boards.

I will look into it, but I have little need for discussing Vista at all.

LaRoza
July 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
Ummmm, that forum looks kinda dead.... theres barely 60 threads across all the boards.

I will look into it, but I have little need for discussing Vista at all.

It is still new and under construction, it is actually growing quite fast.

smoker
July 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
quite a few windows help forums have a linux section now, which is kind of good, and usually worth posting a thread with a link to here!:-)

LaRoza
July 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
quite a few windows help forums have a linux section now, which is kind of good, and usually worth posting a thread with a link to here!:-)

In the Vista forum, I have the link in my sig, and made a few posts with a link.

deepclutch
July 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Now,I am a member of a so called neutral forum.
http://thinkdigit.com/forum
Here,there are MVP's and many windows g33ks;that's nice.but...
Vista is still teh most secure os? :D -below thread!
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61050

maniacmusician
July 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
This is really for people that are interested in both linux and windows. If you don't have anything interesting to say about windows, or if you're not willing to have discussions about windows, it's probably not for you. But if you use both OS's, it may be a cool place to hang out.

smoker
July 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
In the Vista forum, I have the link in my sig, and made a few posts with a link.

good idea, i will drop by occasionally, it may develop into a busy forum:D