PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu ultimate

jonathan21
July 2nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
I went to the web site and I still don't know what the differnce between ubuntu ultimate and the normal edition is can anyone tell me

Warpnow
July 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Ubuntu Ultimate has lots of things pre-installed.

Outrunner
July 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Ubuntu Ultimate(unofficial!) includes tons of packages that you will never use. The normal Ubuntu includes fewer packages of that type... There really is no point in using Ubuntu Ultimate unless you want to have tons of packages ready to use.

Warpnow
July 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ubuntu Ultimate is closer to an "out of the box" install of Ubuntu, which some of us believe is necessary to further Ubuntu to normal people.

kiikkuja
July 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
If you take the Ubuntu Ultimate then there's no guarantee that everything works...upgrades, updates,etc. I say get the 7.04 feisty fawn and if you want you can use automatix2 if there is something that you want additionally.

kiikkuja
July 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
PS. Somebody was moaning and ranting the other day about his Ultimate Ubuntu upgrade not working. And the guy
just kept on ranting and moaning after it got clear that he didn't even have a proper Ubuntu...

iladw
July 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
It has some cool add-ons but if you need some of them you would just find them and you won't spend time and traffic over a new tweaked Ubuntu.

Here's what you can expect: http://ubuntusoftware.info/Ubuntu_Ultimate_1.3/

Don't bother checking out the screens - nothing interesting :(