PDA

View Full Version : We all miss aysiu, and find it a joy to see him on....even more fun to see his views

RAV TUX
July 1st, 2007, 07:12 AM
aysiu (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=21941) I know you need a break, so it is good to see you viewing threads and keeping up to date on all things Ubuntu. We miss you and look forward to your return. Until then enjoy your much needed break....

I find it interesting to see what your viewing:

RAV TUX
July 1st, 2007, 07:23 AM
Good to see you viewing one of my threads ;)

slimdog360
July 1st, 2007, 07:42 AM
Im viewing that thread too. Actually Im waiting to download wolvix such that I can put it on my usb key because my hard drive died yesterday.

gothelin
July 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
ROFL! The first thing I thought of when I saw the screenshots was: would this be considered cyber-stalking? :)

Its kinda cute that you're following him about the forums checking what he's reading. Disturbing, but cute.

hellmet
July 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Ain't Aysiu a 'she' ? Or was I wrong all the way?

WalmartSniperLX
July 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Wait are you sure his keyboard isn't just broken and that's why he only views threads atm? :D

aimran
July 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
Stalker! Which reminds me of why I quit facebook ;)

slimdog360
July 1st, 2007, 11:16 AM
Ain't Aysiu a 'she' ? Or was I wrong all the way?

A.Y. Siu is a guy.

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 12:41 AM
Stalker! Which reminds me of why I quit facebook ;)

I actually always check everyones public profile and see what they are viewing including you.

It is no different then checking the most recent post in a forum.

I also like to check all post by users, threads started and what any member at any given time may be viewing. ;)

starcraft.man
July 2nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
Oh no... now we are reduced to stalking Aysiu. How about we let him relax, he'll come back when/if he wants to >.>.

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Oh no... now we are reduced to stalking Aysiu. How about we let him relax, he'll come back when/if he wants to >.>.nah.....if he's back it's fun to see what he is viewing. ;)

Enverex
July 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
Agreed with the stalking bit, this is just weird...

reacocard
July 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
I also like to check all post by users, threads started and what any member at any given time may be viewing. ;)

heh, mine's probably not accurate. Most of the time, I have several threads open in different tabs, but only the last one I opened will show, and that's usually not the one I'm reading at that moment. :p

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 12:59 AM
What is the browse invisible selection for in the User CP, if it doesn't render you invisible.

I always thought if you didn't want other users to see your viewing habits you would just select in your user CP to make yourself invisible?

reacocard
July 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
What is the browse invisible selection for in the User CP, if it doesn't render you invisible.

I always thought if you didn't want other users to see your viewing habits you would just select in your user CP to make yourself invisible?

It makes you not show in the list of 'who's online'.

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
It makes you not show in the list of 'who's online'.I'm always invisible do you see me?

reacocard
July 2nd, 2007, 01:05 AM
I'm always invisible do you see me?

I can with my iEye. ;)

Heh, I can't see what you're viewing in your profile, and the little icon next your username says you're offline, so I guess it's working.

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
I can with my iEye. ;)

Heh, I can't see what you're viewing in your profile, and the little icon next your username says you're offline, so I guess it's working.

cool so if people choose not to be invisible then it's completely OK to see their viewing habits and such.;)

reacocard
July 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
cool so if people choose not to be invisible then it's completely OK to see their viewing habits and such.;)

Pretty much. :D I don't really mind, as I said, I often have several open at a time, so you only get a small slice of what I'm doing. :p You're right though, it is kinda fun to see what other people are viewing. This could be a neat way to discover new threads...

starcraft.man
July 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM

Thats a flawed logic, the default is not invisible and how many people go into their panel and make themselves invisible...

LOL, I really am grumpy today :p

Edit: You think you have lots of tabs open, I usually have 6 tabs at least in Ubuntu forums and another window with tabs of what I'm browsing in between posting and questions.

loell
July 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
I'm always invisible do you see me?

heheh , I don't need to see RAV TUX's currently viewed threads,

I just hit new post and see all the gazillion threads he's created :mrgreen:

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 01:17 AM
All this Stalking talk by the Tin Foil Boxer Tribe has inspired me to start a poll:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=489846

reacocard
July 2nd, 2007, 01:19 AM
All this Stalking talk by the Tin Foil Boxer Tribe has inspired me to start a poll:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=489846

Lol, I was just about to post that you'd done that. I already answered the pool too. (FIrst one, w00t! EIDT: maybe not, like 3 people answered at the same time)

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Lol, I was just about to post that you'd done that. I already answered the pool too. (FIrst one, w00t! EIDT: maybe not, like 3 people answered at the same time)your fast! ;)

hellomeow
July 2nd, 2007, 03:12 AM
Aysiu's opinions contrast with mine probably to the extent possible, but I still would like to see him return.

Enverex
July 2nd, 2007, 09:39 AM

Not really. I doubt most people are even aware other users can watch what they are browsing. Invisible mode isn't the default (I assume because VB didn't expect people to go around stalking others and to use it for specific reasons).

That's like saying "well, if someone chooses not to go around in real life completely obscured by certain clothing and in a non-descript car with no number plates, it's ok to stalk them! Don't think so.

You're obsessed, you need help.

gothelin
July 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
I actually always check everyones public profile and see what they are viewing including you.

It is no different then checking the most recent post in a forum.

Okay. That isn't cute, that really is just disturbing. How do you find time to ever post anything yourself if you're so busy stalking the other users of this forum?

*turns invisibility on*

LookTJ
July 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Stalking is not cool

/me hides from active list.

RAV TUX
July 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Not really. I doubt most people are even aware other users can watch what they are browsing. Invisible mode isn't the default (I assume because VB didn't expect people to go around stalking others and to use it for specific reasons).

That's like saying "well, if someone chooses not to go around in real life completely obscured by certain clothing and in a non-descript car with no number plates, it's ok to stalk them! Don't think so.

You're obsessed, you need help.

Okay. That isn't cute, that really is just disturbing. How do you find time to ever post anything yourself if you're so busy stalking the other users of this forum?

*turns invisibility on*

Stalking is not cool

/me hides from active list.

good thing I let you guys know about this....now that your informed you have no one to blame but yourself

I actually got this idea from another thread where a user posted a screenshot of asyui checking out the thread....don't remember who the user was or the thread now.....but I thought it would be a cool idea for a thread...

I never realized how neurotic people were...it is a bit silly overall...

sanderella
July 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Hiya aysui!):P

frodon
July 2nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Thread closed (request made by RAV_TUX).