PDA

View Full Version : How to make Windows look like Ubuntu :D

tarek
July 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM
Hi,

My brother just sent me this link:
How to make Windows look like Ubuntu: http://www.theindietribune.com/2007/06/how-to-make-windows-look-like-ubuntu.html

Just wanted to share it with everyone, I find it funny that Windows users want their desktop to look like Ubuntu where new Ubuntu users want Ubuntu to look like Windows :D

Ubuntu ROCKS! :guitar:

tk

Nikron
July 1st, 2007, 01:58 AM
That's kinda sad, more than anything. "I find linux extremely hard"

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 02:32 AM

Uh, I kinda agree. I don't really see a point in making windows look like Ubuntu, then again I don't get mac and vista themes for Ubuntu either. I certainly don't think skinning Windows is something one should do cuz he finds Linux too hard, but to each his own.

FoolsGold_MKII
July 1st, 2007, 02:44 AM
Making Windows look like Ubuntu is pretty easy.

Just lightly coat your monitor screen in glue, throw some dirt on it and BAM! Default Ubuntu desktop. :)

johnc4510
July 1st, 2007, 02:47 AM
WOW, that guy is off the wall. His web site has more pop ups than Windows has, and his

statement: 'If you are using a dual boot system with Ubuntu and Windows, you can clearly

notice the limitations Linux has' is really nuts, especially when in the next breath he tells you

how to install Uxtheme Multipatcher to remove the limitations of Windows. I personally

would rather see the world using Ubuntu, but if they want to use Windows, that's their

problem. I also don't need to make my Ubuntu machine look like Windows either.

w00t (We own the other team)

joe.turion64x2
July 1st, 2007, 03:21 AM
WOW, that guy is off the wall. His web site has more pop ups than Windows has, and his

statement: 'If you are using a dual boot system with Ubuntu and Windows, you can clearly

notice the limitations Linux has' is really nuts, especially when in the next breath he tells you

how to install Uxtheme Multipatcher to remove the limitations of Windows. I personally

would rather see the world using Ubuntu, but if they want to use Windows, that's their

problem. I also don't need to make my Ubuntu machine look like Windows either.

w00t (We own the other team)
I wonder why Windows loosers want the Ubuntu look and feel? Or, why does anyone need to do all that stuff if that look and feel can be obtained with a single installation?

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 03:53 AM
I wonder why Windows loosers want the Ubuntu look and feel? Or, why does anyone need to do all that stuff if that look and feel can be obtained with a single installation?

Some people have trouble distinguishing different from difficult and familiar from easy (applies to many things, not just OS's). I don't understand them.

Xanatos Craven
July 1st, 2007, 04:28 AM
Ubuntu itself is cool indeed, but using Ubuntu does not make you cool, and similarly using Windows does not make you a loser. Because I doubt that 95% of the world are all losers, and... well, I'm gonna stop there before I start a fight. <_<

As for the theme, it's neat, but like other imitation themes, the appeal would wear off fast. I could see a homesick user who's forced to use Windows at their workplace using it on a semi-permanent basis, though, so I guess it could be useful.

Got to love outdated opinions and ignorance. :) Someone was arguing with me about linux a month ago (I didn't even start it... I just mentioned Ubuntu in passing) on the assumption that GNOME 1.x was still in use.

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 04:41 AM
Got to love outdated opinions and ignorance. :) Someone was arguing with me about linux a month ago (I didn't even start it... I just mentioned Ubuntu in passing) on the assumption that GNOME 1.x was still in use.

Have to love assumptions, they lead to such brilliant conversations and comments. -_-

DoctorMO
July 1st, 2007, 04:44 AM
Ubuntu itself is cool indeed, but using Ubuntu does not make you cool, and similarly using Windows does not make you a loser. Because I doubt that 95% of the world are all losers, and... well, I'm gonna stop there before I start a fight. <_<

I don't think it's the using windows part that makes you a looser (or in my terminology: cerebrum deficile) it's the way in which this user has clearly gone to great lengths to imitate a free operating system graphical interface on a sub standard system; for which the only reason he cites is that Linux is too hard or that he is ignorant of the choices afforded to the users of gnu systems.

It's a classic case of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

We should just hope that this user can come to terms with the miss-understandings he has with regards to ubuntu and why it exists (clue: not to look pretty)

Xanatos Craven
July 1st, 2007, 04:49 AM
We should just hope that this user can come to terms with the miss-understandings he has with regards to ubuntu and why it exists (clue: not to look pretty)
I'd say a big clue to that is the overuse of brown. :P

DoctorMO
July 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Why do people hate brown so much... it's a respectable colour, shy of the relaxing nature of green:

Green - Relaxing, Natural
Brown - Harmonising, Natural
Blue - Alert, Awake
Red - Exciting, Dangerous
Yellow - Exciting, Poisonous
Orange - Warm, human

I know a friend of mine uses the same psychological colour balance desktop theme in ubuntu and windows 98 which is an interesting rendition of dark green (almost everything) brown (some things) orange (few things) and blues; designed to make his computer use less stressful (the text is white for those interested).

joe.turion64x2
July 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Why do people hate brown so much... it's a respectable colour, shy of the relaxing nature of green:

Green - Relaxing, Natural
Brown - Harmonising, Natural
Blue - Alert, Awake
Red - Exciting, Dangerous
Yellow - Exciting, Poisonous
Orange - Warm, human

I know a friend of mine uses the same psychological colour balance desktop theme in ubuntu and windows 98 which is an interesting rendition of dark green (almost everything) brown (some things) orange (few things) and blues; designed to make his computer use less stressful (the text is white for those interested).
I entirely agree, brown is an excellent color too. I don't want to think all this fuss around brown is for racist reasons!

stephenbrazier
December 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Making Windows look like Ubuntu is pretty easy.

Just lightly coat your monitor screen in glue, throw some dirt on it and BAM! Default Ubuntu desktop. :)

HAHA lolz :lolflag::lolflag: good one :)

LaRoza
December 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM
That link is pretty cool. If I every get XP for a computer I'll try it out. I'll dualboot it with Ubuntu made to look like Vista and DreamLinux made to look like a Mac and really mess with people's minds.

fatality_uk
December 25th, 2007, 09:57 PM
That link is pretty cool. If I every get XP for a computer I'll try it out. I'll dualboot it with Ubuntu made to look like Vista and DreamLinux made to look like a Mac and really mess with people's minds.

:lolflag: