PDA

View Full Version : Bf2142

DaGGer
June 30th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Ok well got it installed but when I go to play it, it says insert the CD but the cd is still in there. Anyone know how to fix this. I'm going to try and get a no CD crack for it and see if that works.

Polygon
June 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
make you sure you have set a certain drive to your cd drive in "winecfg"

and also a warning; pb will not work with bf2142 + wine.

DaGGer
June 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM
ok drives are in wine but still tells me to insert the cd.

cogadh
July 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM
Use the terminal to launch the game, and try running it like this:

wine /media/cdrom0/autorun.exe
Change the path to match your CD-ROM (if necessary) and change the "autorun.exe" to whatever executable would normally auto launch in Windows. This way the game is launching off of the CD instead of off a local file and CD detection is eliminated.

However, it should be noted that Wine has incomplete copy protection and that can present itself as a missing CD error. You may need to use a crack until Wine's copy protection support is running.

DaGGer
July 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
ok tried it and it says it can't fine a file that is on the cd. I know its there. I'll look around and see if I have to configure wine a bit more.

cogadh
July 2nd, 2007, 02:23 AM
From the AppDB entry for the game:

The copy protection scheme with this game does work, however it has quite a major issue. If the game exits in any way other than pressing the quit button in-game (Wine crashes, process is killed, etc.), next time you run it, it will not see the DVD in the drive, and the only way to get it working again is to reboot the computer.
Don't know if that helps at all.

DaGGer
July 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
ok thanks, I think I'm going to end up getting cedega(Do'nt now if I spelled thar right) and I'll end up doing most games that way.

MrSpiffdifilous
November 28th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I have cedega and Im having the same issue. does anyone know why?