PDA

View Full Version : How to create a GUI with c++ and link it to an Excel document

nite owl
June 29th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Hi I'm currently a computer science student and I am interested in how you make GUI's with c++ and how you can link your c++ program with an excel doument and sort the contents of the document in a logical order of your choice. I have only ever done command Line programming (with the exception of some VB in high school). Anyway I am totally new to the concepts I mentioned above and would really like some help to start me in the right direction (I really want to jump into it). I am looking at creating a windows program so I have dug up my copy of visual studio.net from my old VB days which I noticed has Visual c++ included as well. Is this better to do a GUI with rather then something like Borland???

nite owl
June 30th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Could anyone help me here?

harun
June 30th, 2007, 02:29 PM
If you were going to write the program using Ubuntu, and interfacing to an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet then you might find some help here. I would even be interested in how to do that and wouldn't mind working on it.

However, doing it in Windows you might have better luck asking here:

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/