PDA

View Full Version : Simple, but not hello world, C# program source code?

Afoot
June 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know of any simple open source apps written in C#? I couldn't find any good C# tutorials (yes, I did read the stickies), and I spent quite a while googling it. Microsoft provides a tutorial, but you know, it's not exactly quite as good as Sun's Java tutorials... So I thought the best bet would be to check out the source code of some applications and see what I make of it. I'm not a complete beginner, but I can't make much out of F-Spot's source code, for instance. So I need something in-between. Something a bit more advanced than hello world, but not too advanced; something like Pong, but nothing that uses graphics (so preferably not a game).

Thanks in advance. :)

Paul820
June 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Here's a link for beginners to intermediate: http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial.aspx

There are hundreds of links on google if you search for C#+tutorials. If you want sourcecode to look at, the best place is sourceforge.net

Majorix
June 27th, 2007, 10:39 PM
^You could read that tutorial that is given above, I also have read that tutorial and thats how I gained most of my knowledge of C#.

But why do you want to work with C#? Isn't it more like Windows-based?

Afoot
June 28th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Well, I have to learn it for school.

I already tried sourceforge, it was the obvious choice, but searching for c# or c-sharp is useless; I got almost no c# programs as result, and its "with the exact phrase" search option in Advanced search is totally useless as well, as it interprets "c#" as "c" or "c++" as well...

Thanks for the link, by the way, gonna check it out.

Paul820
June 28th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Don't do a search on sourcefoge for 'C#' search for 'C sharp' without the quotes. You'll find 971 pages of stuff.;)

Edit: If you can't find them here is a link for you to try http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=c-sharp&type_of_search=soft&pmode=0&words=c+sharp&Search=Search