PDA

View Full Version : Unanswered threads timeout

Leif
July 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I've tried searching for this, but I couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere, so I hope I'm not repeating an earlier thread :

Is it just me or is the unanswered threads link set to a very quick timeout ? If I try to go through it, I can't even get to page 3 or 3 before I get a message saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Xian
July 13th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I think the causal issue here is that some of those threads get answered.
This causes them to drop out of the initial search string.

It then needs to be reset.

Leif
July 13th, 2005, 11:18 AM
But this makes it impossible to get to the older threads. I try to check the unanswered threads regularly, but every once in a while I'd like to be able to look through the lot of them to see if there's anything I'd missed before that I can answer. On my fast uni connection, I can't go past 4 pages even when I just click next without ever waiting.

Xian
July 13th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Have you tried starting back further, such as page 10 (http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=1148424&pp=25&page=10), and working your way forwards....

Leif
July 13th, 2005, 10:46 PM
OK, it's possible to do it, but my point was that as it is, the unanswered threads link is not really good for anything but displaying the most recent ones.