PDA

View Full Version : What would be nerdier on a linux forum than a Monty Python quote thread?

steven8
June 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM
In my Monty Python quote thread, Chili Bob said:

Python quotes on a Linux forum!! Could there be anything nerdier??

So, here we go. What would nerdier?

A Star Trek quote thread?

Chilli Bob
June 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Are there any Linux programs to catalog my stamp collection?? (Seriously, I could use one) That would be nerdy.

steven8
June 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Are there any Linux programs to catalog my stamp collection?? (Seriously, I could use one) That would be nerdy.

kStamp?

(Just kidding.)

stoodleysnow
June 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I'll tell you what: an episode of Monty Python and the holy grail being used to Beta-test a video app on a custom-built, case-modded pc ready for it's use in making the special effects for an upcoming Star Trek film, all whilst at a Linux kernel convention amid such folk as Linus Torvalds; all being described by a person as nerdy as I on this forum. IS THAT nerdy enough FOR YOU?!:lolflag:8-)8)\\:D/

steven8
June 26th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I'll tell you what: an episode of Monty Python and the holy grail being used to Beta-test a video app on a custom-built, case-modded pc ready for it's use in making the special effects for an upcoming Star Trek film, all whilst at a Linux kernel convention amid such folk as Linus Torvalds; all being described by a person as nerdy as I on this forum. IS THAT nerdy enough FOR YOU?!:lolflag:8-)8)\\:D/

That, followed by a row of extreme smileys!?! Yep.

Chilli Bob
June 26th, 2007, 10:02 AM
OK, how about writing a program (in Python, using Eric of course) that will make anagrams of Star Trek quotes to turn them into Python quotes??

Or...

Use the GIMP to make a Star Trek diorama using pictures from your stamp collection?? Actually I might do this tonight!! While watching "The Bill".

No, I don't have a girlfriend, why do you ask?

stoodleysnow
June 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Hmm?:???:

Fenryr
June 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM
My WIFE and I play this little game with CSI:Miami...Whenever Horatio (The geek with the shades who thinks he's in charge) does one of his trademark moves...Like talking to someone while facing the other corner of the room, or the ever popular dramatic gesture with the sunglasses, or whatever, we take a drink...The most cliche-filled episode so far had BOTH of us too pissed to walk before the first commercial break...*g*

stoodleysnow
July 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
RIGHT.
How about Monty Python and the Holy Grail's characters all being replaced with representatives of various distributions.
King Arthur: Linus Torvalds
Lancelot: Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu)
That guy who claps coconut halves together: Richard Stalmann
Camelot: www.ubuntuforums.org
The French Knights at Castle Ag: Mandriva linux
The Knights Who Say Ni: BSD
The Knight who kept on fighting despite loss of limbs: Microsoft
The shrubbery salesman: Red Hat
The Evil Rabbit: Bill Gates
The Holy Grail: a perfect, error-free, bug-free, future-ready Linux system

Furthermore, this being made using Lego (search youtube for lego monty python) :lol:
and all at a LANparty with free copies of Ubuntu being handed out. Using a cool new PC in the lego PC case I've been designing for the last year, which will cost me £320 or so to buy! (that's just the lego).

All this said by the guy whose attic is stacked floor to ceiling with computer parts and whose mind created the phrase; Do you thinkinpinkink?
And who uses semicolons correctly, then goes on to comment about himself doing so, then comments about himself commenting about himself doing so, and thus creates a paradox, and actually realises that this is what it is....:-? And who knows he's mad, and is being dragged gibbering off to bedlam by four men in white coats, all the while still typing!!!8-[

steven8
July 6th, 2007, 10:12 AM
RIGHT.
How about Monty Python and the Holy Grail's characters all being replaced with representatives of various distributions.
King Arthur: Linus Torvalds
Lancelot: Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu)
That guy who claps coconut halves together: Richard Stalmann
Camelot: www.ubuntuforums.org
The French Knights at Castle Ag: Mandriva linux
The Knights Who Say Ni: BSD
The Knight who kept on fighting despite loss of limbs: Microsoft
The shrubbery salesman: Red Hat
The Evil Rabbit: Bill Gates
The Holy Grail: a perfect, error-free, bug-free, future-ready Linux system

Furthermore, this being made using Lego (search youtube for lego monty python) :lol:
and all at a LANparty with free copies of Ubuntu being handed out. Using a cool new PC in the lego PC case I've been designing for the last year, which will cost me £320 or so to buy! (that's just the lego).

All this said by the guy whose attic is stacked floor to ceiling with computer parts and whose mind created the phrase; Do you thinkinpinkink?
And who uses semicolons correctly, then goes on to comment about himself doing so, then comments about himself commenting about himself doing so, and thus creates a paradox, and actually realises that this is what it is....:-? And who knows he's mad, and is being dragged gibbering off to bedlam by four men in white coats, all the while still typing!!!8-[

Exactly!!! And the Bridgekeeper, who says, "Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.": Steve Ballmer.

stoodleysnow
July 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
(from bedlam)
Noooooo, don't take away my computer!
and @Steven8: Bwahaahaaahaa, heeheehee, blarg!
(yup!:p)

steven8
July 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
(from bedlam)
Noooooo, don't take away my computer!
and @Steven8: Bwahaahaaahaa, heeheehee, blarg!
(yup!:p)

It was his first attempt at playing a human. Apparently. . .it didn't go well. :popcorn:

stoodleysnow
July 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM
LOL!:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lol::lol: :lol::lol: