PDA

View Full Version : New to Ubuntu

panther_sn
June 25th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Firstly I just wanted to say Hi, I am new to both Ubuntu and Linux in general, and just thought I would post to say Hi to all, I have no doubt I am going to have LOTS of questions in the future, but for now just saying hi, as I finally got my missus to agree to getting rid of windows altogether (although I am duel booting at the moment But will hopefully change soon enough) so after downloading and trying a few Linux distros, I have settled (quite happily, may I add) on Ubuntu, and am currently working my way through LINUX: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition (http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz) Which I believe is a wonderful resource.

Well thanks for listening to my rambling, and I will be talking to you all soon, probably when I stuff something and need "HELP".

Stu

Edit:

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot But I figured the Beginners Forum wasn't appropriate as I wasn't asking for help

Alex&Linux
June 25th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Welcome Panther!

Zzl1xndd
June 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
welcome to the group and you got the right spot the Cafe is really for anything.

samschoice
June 25th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I've been using Ubuntu for about 3 months, and I found the UbuntuOs podcast really helpful. The podcasts by two guys named Sal and Chris are really informative.

mthakur2006
June 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Firstly I just wanted to say Hi, I am new to both Ubuntu and Linux in general, and just thought I would post to say Hi to all, I have no doubt I am going to have LOTS of questions in the future, but for now just saying hi, as I finally got my missus to agree to getting rid of windows altogether (although I am duel booting at the moment But will hopefully change soon enough) so after downloading and trying a few Linux distros, I have settled (quite happily, may I add) on Ubuntu, and am currently working my way through LINUX: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition (http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz) Which I believe is a wonderful resource.

Well thanks for listening to my rambling, and I will be talking to you all soon, probably when I stuff something and need "HELP".

Stu

Edit:

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot But I figured the Beginners Forum wasn't appropriate as I wasn't asking for help

Welcome :D
About that book: I would advise to NOT to read it all at once as it might get confusing. Infact, if you need ANY help at all, just give us a shout. We will help you with everything including windows ;)

LaRoza
Hi!

mthakur2006

Stu

Edit:

Welcome :D
About that book: I would advise to NOT to read it all at once as it might get confusing. Infact, if you need ANY help at all, just give us a shout. We will help you with everything, including windows ;)

JAS510
Yup, im on the same boat. Just loaded UBUNTU (Feisty) on my AMD64.

mthakur2006
June 25th, 2007, 07:54 PM
oh, my apologies, didn't mean to double post.