PDA

View Full Version : custom laptop case

rakansen
June 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM
If you could build your own custom laptop case have the usb ports, headphone and microphone, cd/dvd rom drives, everything were you wanted them, what would it look like? ive been wondering what other people think. and of course it will be running ubuntu i just had to use autocad on a windows machine. like me schools computers.
this is my idea

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_thumb/644881251/custom laptop.PNG (http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/644881251/custom laptop.PNG)

--rakansen--

joe.turion64x2
June 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry mate but could not understand your picture.

rakansen
June 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM
sorry i should have explained the picture the main part in which you seeing is the glass i made fro the 'lcd' the side in which your seeing has the dvd-rom, headphone and microphone port, as well as 2 usb ports. and at the top is part of the exhaust the entire top half is exhaust and the bottom there will be 3 - 12v fans and on the opposite from the dvdrom is the Ethernet port and power ports as well as other ports. the insides you see are the battery, hdd, and dvdrom. there is going to be a case surrounding it and its going to have a handle with it.

--rakansen--

joe.turion64x2
June 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Interesting, it seems practical.

rakansen
June 24th, 2007, 07:39 PM
What would you build if you had the time and money?

--rakansen--

joe.turion64x2
June 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM
What would you build if you had the time and money?

--rakansen--
Do you mean in terms of notebook cases?
In that matter I absolutely love the case of an Acer Ferrari (my dream machine :KS, I hope I can get one some day).

If I had time, money, and the proper skills (I am a physicist not a designer), I would like to build a sort of flying car which worked with a nuclear reactor.

justifier
June 24th, 2007, 07:54 PM
If I had time, money, and the proper skills (I am a physicist not a designer), I would like to build a sort of flying car which worked with a nuclear reactor.

:o i'm a physicist too!!

I personaly would like USB + headphone etc ports to be on the user face of the laptop (if that makes sense) as them being round the back or on the side is a pain in the ***. Maybe in a little strip between the egde of the keyboard and the eadge of the laprop. Althoght looking at myself typing on one my fingers tend to streach outside the keyboard when poised to type. This would proably mean that a USB stick would obstruct this area. Hrm, jus an idea for ease of use as we all hate having to reach round the back to plug a stick in, Well i do. But you would also need some round the back too for cables. Hmmm the ponders of the praticiclity

Ptero-4
June 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
If I had the money I would probably just take a HP dv2000t and recolor it blue.

joe.turion64x2
June 24th, 2007, 08:13 PM
:o i'm a physicist too!!

I personaly would like USB + headphone etc ports to be on the user face of the laptop (if that makes sense) as them being round the back or on the side is a pain in the ***. Maybe in a little strip between the egde of the keyboard and the eadge of the laprop. Althoght looking at myself typing on one my fingers tend to streach outside the keyboard when poised to type. This would proably mean that a USB stick would obstruct this area. Hrm, jus an idea for ease of use as we all hate having to reach round the back to plug a stick in, Well i do. But you would also need some round the back too for cables. Hmmm the ponders of the praticiclity
Nice to meet you mate!

If you are looking for a laptop with frontal audio jacks search the Acer laptops. I have one and it has those ports in the front. USB is in the side and the back though.

Joe.

justifier
June 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Nice to meet you mate!

If you are looking for a laptop with frontal audio jacks search the Acer laptops. I have one and it has those ports in the front. USB is in the side and the back though.

Joe.

Wasn't partcually loking for one, plus i aint got the money, just thought it would be a nice idea. Hrm might have to, wheni have the money, buy a laptop mobo etc etc and make one like that, case etc for it. Just for the sake of it. Hmmmm completlely customisable. Fur

*ponders into the distance*

RAV TUX
June 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I like a basic laptop case, Something like a sock...with a zipper.

bobbybobington
June 25th, 2007, 05:13 AM
i thought you were talking about laptop carrying cases because I customized my laptop carrying case by covering the inside with extra foam padding and put metal sheets in the outside pockets for extra protection.
Anything to protect my baby lol :KS