PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on the psp

somuchfortheafter
July 11th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I recently went to a technology convention for teenagers accross the US (nylf tech for anyone else who attended (i hosted the mass debate on linux lol )) anyway alot of guys had psps and well i couldnt stand it so i bought one lol and i think they are great but just curious if anyone here had one and what were your favorite games/ what are you looking for / what do you use to encode mp4's in linux?

kvidell
July 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I think the PSP is a neat little toy.
My old HouseMate had one... I was highly addicted to Mercury. Everyone seems to love Lumines but I just don't get it :-P
I wanted to try SmartBomb but we never got around to picking it up. I think I liked WipeOut too. I used to play that on my PSX when the original came out :) It was kind of neat to play it on that little screen. (Which is gorgeous, btw. That screen rocks.)

I don't do the encoding, his PowerBook did... so I can't help ya there. Hehe.
- Kev

somuchfortheafter
July 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM
i like lumines lol although mercury was fun as well.. i can do the encoding in windows fine with the great piece of software called pspvideo9 but i have been looking for an alternative for linux and have yet to find one.....

DarkManX4lf
July 11th, 2005, 03:32 PM
i think the psp is too big, and a good 80% of the ppl i know who bought psp's have dead pixels on the screen....but as for me i'll never buy a sony product again.

somuchfortheafter
July 11th, 2005, 04:19 PM
yea mine has a dead pixel on it but no worries...it doesnt bother me that much and i can take it back to eb for a new one for as many times as i want within a year because i spent 25bucks which to me is worth it.. especially if i drop it :)

zeroK
July 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I still have to wait 1.5 months for mine :-(

somuchfortheafter
July 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
euro or austrialia?

kvidell
July 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
euro or austrialia?
Austria, according too the little thing under their name ;) So, Euro.

brim4brim
July 11th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Austria, according too the little thing under their name ;) So, Euro.
Yeah It's not out in Ireland either but I got a DS which rocks! I'm going to the Play Yan which is a media player that plugs into the bottom slot on the player and gives the player movie and MP3 support. You just plug those camera style memory cards into the Play Yan cartridge and it plays movies and MP3's.

NeoSNightmarE
July 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
The PSP is good as a handheld but I'm still waiting for the homebrew community to advance more. I want to be able to play classic systems like the NES and SNES on there if I'm going to get it. I mean, I can do that with my GBA and rather well at that.

somuchfortheafter
July 11th, 2005, 07:07 PM
considering all emulation requires old firmware i wouldnt suggest waiting for to much longer, infact im taking mine back for an un upgraded psp today i believe.