View Full Version : Note To Self: Viewpoint

Kumeelyun
June 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Got a new cartoon up. Hope you like:

http://www.hoodyhoo.com/2007/06/20/note-to-self-4-viewpoint/

Comments are welcome.

a12ctic
June 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Its completely different, the reason people don't buy music anymore is because very little of that money goes towards supporting the artists. Labels steal most of the album revenue from the artist leaving their primary income merch/tour sales.

Kumeelyun
June 22nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Its completely different, the reason people don't buy music anymore is because very little of that money goes towards supporting the artists. Labels steal most of the album revenue from the artist leaving their primary income merch/tour sales.

I believe that's true, but I don't think it invalidates my character's statement. It's the rationalization that if artist's do, in fact, make more money with other revenues than albums, then it doesn't hurt to download their music without paying, just as some 419 scammers might believe that the people and the country they scam is so rich that the money they extract from them doesn't really devastate them.

smoker
June 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM
i don't think it fair to judge someone downloading a few mp3's the same as a scammer who would rob an old woman from her life savings!

the artwork is alright though, i hope you do more,

reacocard
June 22nd, 2007, 02:11 AM
i don't think it fair to judge someone downloading a few mp3's the same as a scammer who would rob an old woman from her life savings!

the artwork is alright though, i hope you do more,

It's not the downloader, it's the uploader. That's a big difference in this case.