PDA

View Full Version : Being Cheeky

Big Dave
June 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I just received this in my PM inbox:

Dear Big Dave,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Being Cheeky
-------
You are being cheeky.

From the Forums CoC:

Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please open a request in the forum resolution center.
I turned a blind eye to your first comment in another thread.

Pricey

This was the relevant part of my post that PriceChild classed as being cheeky:

I suggest no-one promotes taking drugs as they are illegal.
That's subjective, Pricey.

I legally consume a Class B substance every day of my life; I have a prescription for it for relief from chronic pain. Does this mean I can't talk of my prescription, as you would be breaking the law possessing it, whilst I would not?

I fail to see how this could possibly be classed as "being cheeky." The question I asked was a genuine one; there is a large deal of subjectivity with regards to the legalities of drugs, as some drugs which are illegal in one country may not be illegal in another country.

I can only possibly see this as being a misunderstanding. as I felt the rule needed elucidation, and thus asked for it in a polite way. It would be inconsistent to moderate a politely, courteously worded post without verifying the underlying meaning of the post - which in my case was a request for edification of an unintentionally nebulous rule. If I meant to "be cheeky," I'd have done so in an apparent manner.

Thank you.

KiwiNZ
June 20th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Being a person who takes Opiate based pain relief daily I can certainly understand your position Dave . And yes the drugs I take are not legal in every country , this is why I have to be very careful when travelling.

I want to say here I can certainly see Dave's point. But I can also appreciate Pricey's Position.

I think there has been a misunderstanding here .

But because of my position of taking similar medication I do not think it would be right for me to be envolved with any decision here and therefore would ask one of the other Admins/ Forum Council Team to adjudicate on this one.

Big Dave
June 20th, 2007, 11:07 PM
It would be a good idea for me to note that I have similar medical problems to Mike (KiwiNZ) and was aware of this beforehand. I agree with his decision to defer to another member of the admin staff.

Thanks for the fast reply, Mike.

ubuntu-geek
June 21st, 2007, 03:20 AM
I'll reverse the infraction point this time as I can see both sides of the argument. However, we've been down this road before bigdave, I urge you to move along with caution with your posts.

Big Dave
June 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'll reverse the infraction point this time as I can see both sides of the argument. However, we've been down this road before bigdave, I urge you to move along with caution with your posts.

Thank you for your time, ubuntu-geek.