PDA

View Full Version : FBI on Windows Vista Security Flaws

Cheese Sandwich
June 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM
!!! Holy cow, I just got an "infraction" for this from a mod!!

I guess I'd better remove this whole thing if I want to continue to get Ubuntu help.

-CS

RAV TUX
June 20th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Edited to keep the peace.;)

needtolookatascreenshot
June 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I question the reliability of this article, do you have a direct link to the FBI website?

http://www.fbi.gov/

Huh? You posted a direct link yourself.

And how can you question the reliability of the article when so obviously it is in no way meant as a joke?

Nikron
June 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I question the reliability of this article, do you have a direct link to the FBI website?

http://www.fbi.gov/

It's a joke article. Come on (FOS) means Foreign OS now? We need <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags =P

frup
June 20th, 2007, 02:54 PM
It's funny :)

RAV TUX
June 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
;) edited ;)

smoker
June 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
• A computer which is not operable cannot be hacked. "Next time you get the blue screen of death, just leave it there," said Bloodstone. "What's the worst thing that could happen? Some hacker might come along and fix your computer."

lol, hilarious!:-)

briealeida
June 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Good call on the <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags...

I must admit, though, I almost choked with glee when I skimmed at first and saw "Windows Flaw Management Unit".

needtolookatascreenshot
June 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM
The direct link is for the OP, to go directly to the FBI website. NOT to the original posted article.

Arrgh, I was trying to make a joke. Read again what you wrote and maybe you'll get it.

I question this post all together and have reported it as possible SPAM, the posted link by the OP goes to a member forum that you must join to read/verify the posted article.
Jesus, it's an obvious joke.

No reason to report it.

RAV TUX
June 20th, 2007, 03:02 PM
edited yet again ;)

trak87
June 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Unserious article. However, this statement:

"As a matter of fact, if you had your own independent power supply not connected to the national power grid, that wouldn't hurt either -- if you get my meaning."

Seems to imply that data may backflow from the computer into the electrical grid, and while I have no idea if this is actually happening, it does seem plausible. I have heard that IP over the electrical grid is a technology that exists now.

Do this Google search. Include the quotes:

"ip over electrical"

y6FgBn)~v
June 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I especially liked the OS/2 reference ;)

LaRoza
June 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I don't think the link was intentional. You have to be a member to view that forum, apparently, and redirects visitors, note that the uri's are not the same in the link and destination, the site redirected us because it doesn't recognize us, cookie-wise.

needtolookatascreenshot
June 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Jokes are funny, the article isn't funny.

Ah, come on, just because you didn't get it at first.

And btw., others seem to disagree.

I question the link to some random forum, that ask you to join the forum.

Again reference OP SPAM link:
Oh man, he was just crediting the author I assume. No harm in that.

And btw., if you a link to a screenshot hosted on these forums here, you'd also be asked to log in.

RAV TUX
June 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
yet another edit ;)

LaRoza
June 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM
It is a redirection, the OP is a member of that forum and able to view the posts.

I don't think the link was intentional. You have to be a member to view that forum, apparently, and redirects visitors, note that the uri's are not the same in the link and destination, the site redirected us because it doesn't recognize us, cookie-wise.

Yeormom
June 20th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I have reported the post as possible SPAM, the posted link by the OP goes to a member forum that you must join to reference the posted article.

The article may be slightly entertaining, but the SPAM is not.
Get a life. You're creating more spam by going on your post crusade on this thread than the link ever did. If you don't care for the content, report it and be silent. There are other ways you can add to your "post count" you know.

bodhi.zazen
June 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
The content is OK, funny even.

It is not OK to (mis) quote the FBI nor is it OK to link to spam.

Cheese Sandwich
June 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
EDIT:

reference OP SPAM link:

RAV TUX:

Please stop spamming this board. Your spam link is uncalled for, and frankly unethical.

Don't make me report you to the mods.

PriceChild
June 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
That was good, especially the "FOS" bit.

Please do not spam threads saying they are spam themselves. If you believe a thread is spam then report it and do not post. Replying to spam only gives it more viewing.

smoker
June 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM
hmm, the link is gone now, but if you had clicked on the 'Reefs.org Forums Forum Index' to the left above the login page, it would have taken you to their forum without having to log in!