PDA

View Full Version : Apple's internet

Franscisco
June 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know why I can't get any connection to the internet with a apple system.
All my internet cables work because I have a linux internet working with those cables.
If there is something I should know, please let me know the steps to follow because I am a newbee to the apple world.
Thanks

benanzo
June 20th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Are you talking about connecting to the internet with Mac OS or with Linux on Apple hardware?

Franscisco
June 20th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I am trying to connect with a mac system. I am using DSL. Also, using a switch.

benanzo
June 20th, 2007, 08:55 PM
You might put this question to the Mac/Ubuntu users (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=211). I have a Mac but I don't use OS X at all, so I can't help you.

stchman
June 20th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know why I can't get any connection to the internet with a apple system.
All my internet cables work because I have a linux internet working with those cables.
If there is something I should know, please let me know the steps to follow because I am a newbee to the apple world.
Thanks

Is this a Mac with OS X or a Mac with Ubuntu installed?

Franscisco
June 20th, 2007, 11:25 PM
It's a mac with a mac system.

Sweet Mercury
June 21st, 2007, 12:06 AM
It's a mac with a mac system.

There's a forum called Other OS where questions about Mac, Windows, and other Linux Distros are dealt with. A moderator can move this thread there where it will get the attention and proper responses it needs. I think "General Help" implies "General Ubuntu Issues."

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=165

For future reference. :D

PartisanEntity
June 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM
Moved to a more relevant forum.

Ptero-4
June 25th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Franscisco. Can you open the "Network" preference pane and tell me if your ethernet conection has a green or orange/yellow dot? If it has the orange'ish dot then the switch/router is not sending or OSX is not receiving, check in the specific ethernet's conection section if it's set to your switch/routers settings. Set it up if it isn't. Then reset the switch/router if you need hopefully it will show a gren dot indicating the conection is fully done.