PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Service Pack 1 will be ready by the end of the year!!

steven8
June 20th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Google, helped make it possible!! :popcorn:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070620/ts_nm/microsoft_google_dc;_ylt=ArQm15yd8BxVmQbV2GIReV1Z. 3QA

ukripper
June 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I wonder if Service pack would help.

steven8
June 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Service pack would help.

It couldn't hurt! :popcorn:

smoker
June 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM
from the article:

Microsoft said it anticipates a test version of the Vista Service Pack 1 to be ready by the year-end.

looks like even SP1 is going to be a trial!

steven8
June 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
from the article:

looks like even SP1 is going to be a trial!

The trials and tribulations of Windows Vista! :p

ukripper
June 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I like the title "Service Pack 1". Sounds more like service pack for Formula 1. i think Ms should come up with soemthing different this time like Vista pack 101 or Vista 6 packs

UbuntuniX
June 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Should make a nice disimprovement.

smoker
June 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Should make a nice disimprovement.

lol, they should maybe include easy to understand BSOD codes!:D

dptxp
June 20th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Microsoft had done something similar with Netscape a few years back.

ukripper
June 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Microsoft had done something similar with Netscape a few years back.

Now I think it is turn for Firefox in the firing line

enopepsoo
June 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM
The search thing was monopolistic behaviour and should be punished. This is just 'the same old' Microsoft though. They are let off the hook for this kind of thing all the time.

They don't deserve the success that they have had because the gained it by unehtical and illegal means (another good reason not to use Microsock).

steven8
June 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
The search thing was monopolistic behaviour and should be punished. This is just 'the same old' Microsoft though. They are let off the hook for this kind of thing all the time.

They don't deserve the success that they have had because the gained it by unehtical and illegal means (another good reason not to use Microsock).

Yep. . .

Adamant1988
June 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm looking forward to this service pack. I know that XP wasn't exactly a grand operating system, but after SP2 it was tolerable. Hopefully, Microsoft will take this opportunity to fix the complaints with UAC that are causing it to be essentially worthless. I couldn't care less about their answer to spotlight.

karellen
June 20th, 2007, 02:19 PM
if they (by a mistake/miracle) would pull out DRM from vista I would definitely give it a try. until then I'll stick with xp

starcraft.man
June 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
if they (by a mistake/miracle) would pull out DRM from vista I would definitely give it a try. until then I'll stick with xp

LOL! Never, that stuff has been coded into the foundation of Vista's Audio/Visual, its not coming out. Nor is their WGA. The point is that Microsoft has made a choice, and that choice is to regulate what you can and can't do. I am highly sceptical of any service pack fixing the fundamental flaws in Vista I see, I won't be holding my breath waiting.