PDA

View Full Version : Python Jobs (Yelp.com) in SF

eklitzke
June 20th, 2007, 02:46 AM
This isn't totally relevant to the Ubuntu forums, but we're an Ubuntu shop, and I know there are a lot of Python users/developers among the Ubuntu crowd...

I work at Yelp.com and we're looking to add software engineers to our team. Yelp is basically entirely powered by Python, MySQL, Apache (using our own mod_python framework), and Ubuntu. Right now there are openings basically all across the board, from junior software engineering positions to senior software engineering positions, but right now the main focus is on senior positions. A knowledge of Python is _not_ absolutely required if you are a guru with PHP, Ruby, Java, etc. with lots of relevant experience (particularly with backend web development work) and are willing to learn Python.

The job position would be in San Francisco, CA (in SOMA, close to the Montgomery St. BART station). If you're interested, email your resume to jobs@yelp.com. If you have any questions about the job, you can PM me here and I'll get back to you.

More information is available at http://www.yelp.com/about?section=jobs. This page will probably be updated in the next couple days as management finishes updating the job description.

trinaryouroboros
June 20th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Two or three questions:

Do you have anything going on in NYC / LI area?

if not: Do you have telecommuting stuff instead?

and if so to either of the above: Would you be willing to accept a semi-new python developer?

I've had over twenty years experience programming, but, surprising as it sounds - have only recently gotten my nose into Python.