PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooter

trivialpackets
June 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I've been assigned to create a program that will show the troubleshooting steps for various technical jobs with things that we do at work. I see this as being a step based thing, is this true then this and so on. Any idea if such a framework exists already or not? Just curious to save a step.

They want this to be done in HTML of some sort, but will definitely require much javascript or php to produce. Not worried about these things if necessary, although not sure if we have php on the server that it will be installed on. Actually pretty sure we don't. I thought about python, but will go where I have to with this.

Any ideas or sources for the framework?

LaRoza
June 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Sounds like vague specs, do they want a program or a website?

trivialpackets
June 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Preferring website from what I reckon, however it has been placed vaguely to me as well. Leaning towards a site.

trivialpackets
June 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I think I've decided to go with web based, using php, javascript and either mssql or mysql database depending upon which we are using on the server that we're looking at.

pmasiar
June 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Obviously you want site - so if something changes, all users use new version.

I would start with plain wiki - easy way to create hyperlinked pages.

When you will have better understanding of use cases, you can think about something more complex.

You can get wiki up and running in 20 minutes using TurboGears, and you will have complete control what is in and how it works. http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/Wiki20/Page1