June 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Is this who I think it is?

http://www.salotteries.com.au/library/PengWins-main.gif

jackmc
June 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Certainly looks very familiar...

steven8
June 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Not even close. He's facing the other direction!! :)

Tux Aubrey
June 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Not even close. He's facing the other direction!! :)

Well spotted! My mistake. Totally original artwork.

steven8
June 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well spotted! My mistake. Totally original artwork.

Shame on you for thinking the worst!! ;)

jusmurph
June 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM
It even has the same chest cell shading...

Golyadkin
June 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
The original designer of this penguin (Larry Ewing) writes about it on his webpage (http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/) that:

Permission to use and/or modify this image is granted provided you acknowledge me lewing@isc.tamu.edu and The GIMP if someone asks.

Do you have that thing physically? I would be interested to see if he was credited on it somewhere, maybe on the back.

3rdalbum
June 19th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Apparantly, the company that created the scratch and win ticket claims to have designed the penguin image from scratch.

Golyadkin
June 19th, 2007, 12:30 PM
looolololol !!!!!! :lolflag:

DalekClock
June 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I bet it was make in MS Paint.

Polygon
June 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
that penguin is basically the same thing as tux, if you notice the shading on the chest is the same, and it even has one of its wings touching its foot, the only difference really is that the image was flipped... and its wearing a santa hat :D

Bungo Pony
June 19th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Tux would never wear a Santa hat. That's just *too Windows-ish* for him :)

Kimm
June 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
that penguin is basically the same thing as tux, if you notice the shading on the chest is the same, and it even has one of its wings touching its foot, the only difference really is that the image was flipped... and its wearing a santa hat :D

And his right wing (the one behind his foot) is in front of his foot in the rip off! :O

Polygon
June 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
And his right wing (the one behind his foot) is in front of his foot in the rip off! :O

ahh yeah, i saw that but i forgot to mention it. Basically they took the .svg of tux, flipped it, put a santa hat on it and called it good ;)

ThinkBuntu
June 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Apparantly, the company that created the scratch and win ticket claims to have designed the penguin image from scratch.
<corny joke>
Now that's what I call LFS!
</corny joke>

FuturePilot
June 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Eh, the probably said they made the penguin from scratch because they probably think that nobody knows who Tux is.
Looks like Tux to me, with a few very slight differences.

CarpKing
June 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Looks like it's time for a protracted legal battle ending in an undisclosed out of court settlement.

Bungo Pony
June 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Looks like it's time for a protracted legal battle ending in an undisclosed out of court settlement.

All proceeds will go to Linux advertisment