PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu doesn't negotiate with terrorists...

RussianVodka
June 17th, 2007, 03:13 AM
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/127

Hopefully in a few years, I can make a follow up topic called "... Ubuntu eliminates them."

Tundro Walker
June 17th, 2007, 04:47 AM
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/127

Hopefully in a few years, I can make a follow up topic called "... Ubuntu eliminates them."

NEVER give in to terrorism...it only perpetuates more acts of terrorism. (Because you're basically rewarding bad behaviour.)

tehkain
June 17th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Wouldnt a lone patent troll be a terrorist? While microsoft would be more like an opposing nation. Lets say they are Coldwar era russia and we are a border state refusing to submit to communist rule. So they are trying to butter us up and infiltrate and offer us 'protection from our selves'

FuturePilot
June 17th, 2007, 06:17 AM
I'm printing that out and framing it;)
Very well written.
It's good to know Ubuntu is safe.

RAV TUX
June 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM
nice. ;)z

EdThaSlayer
June 17th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Mark Shuttleworth really knows what he is doing. Although I find the topic name funny since Microsoft is labelled as a terrorist organization(as the topic name says).

floke
June 17th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Wouldnt a lone patent troll be a terrorist? While microsoft would be more like an opposing nation. Lets say they are Coldwar era russia and we are a border state refusing to submit to communist rule. So they are trying to butter us up and infiltrate and offer us 'protection from our selves'

Why couldn't they be cold war era USA? After all they are the evil capitalists and we are doing it all for free.

tehkain
June 17th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Why couldn't they be cold war era USA? After all they are the evil capitalists and we are doing it all for free.

I guess it could be, but the reason I used Soviet Russia was because they had border states. MS and Ubuntu share a common border. Both are OSes in the software world. So that makes the invasion analogy work better for me. Also I consider cold war USSR a little more trigger happy(we both had our assassins out and ready so we are both guilty). I mean my country is notorias for not taking the shot(castro) while the soviets were a little bit more confident in their initial choice(markov umbrella incident). I could have used an Middleeast/Israel analogy but that would come out wrong every time.

Tundro Walker
June 18th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Mark Shuttleworth really knows what he is doing. Although I find the topic name funny since Microsoft is labelled as a terrorist organization(as the topic name says).

LOL! Wasn't that a movie or something, where some computer program was designed to identify and neutralize terrorist groups, and it ended up labelling all the nations of the world as terrorist organizations because they were constantly threatening each other and destroying things?

master5o1
June 18th, 2007, 09:49 AM

why is the topic name funny? it's true!