PDA

View Full Version : Evolution programmers on psychedelic drugs?

Fidelio
June 17th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Honestly, what's going on here?
I've set it up as I like now, but could someone explain the rationale behind the decision of the good people behind evolution to have a contacts category called 'weather: partly cloudy'
Is it some sort of joke? It always makes me smile, but the nagging rationalist in me needs to know: why is it there! And all the other weather ones? Sometimes I do feel like putting a contact from my address book under the category 'weather: thunderstorms. Like my boss maybe.
?

loell
June 17th, 2007, 01:01 AM
surely its not a bug, its a feature :D

OzzyFrank
June 17th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Yep... have all the weather categories listed as contact categories. I wouldn't say it's a bug, and can't see how it could possibly be a feature (let me know if I'm missing something here!)... I'd stick with the psychedelic drugs scenario and the developers doing it for a huge giggle while tripping!

Fidelio
June 17th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Look, it can't be a bug. Someone actually sat at a keyboard and typed those categories in. I demand to know why!

loell
June 17th, 2007, 01:24 AM
err.. try the mailing list http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

all of us can only guess :p

fuscia
June 17th, 2007, 02:19 AM
i'll take windows ME over evolution, anytime(mind you, i'm one of the few people who loved windows ME...so much freedom....).

crimesaucer
June 17th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about Terrance McKenna and his book: Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge - A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution

loell
June 17th, 2007, 02:23 AM
does windows ME, have a category - Weather:Thunderstorm too?