PDA

View Full Version : Transformers the movie

BrokeBody
June 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

I can hardly wait. :) Do you like Tranformers? :) The trailer looks very promising. Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and the crew... ;)

"... it's one of those super robots. Probably Japanese..." :)

Download High-Definiton Trailer (http://rapidshare.com/files/31892256/Transformers_Trailer.rar)

slimdog360
June 16th, 2007, 12:35 PM
who doesn't like transformers, but... I don't know about the movie.

BrokeBody
June 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Download the trailer. ;)

%hMa@?b<C
June 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM
when I was in preschool, I had an optimus prime shirt and I watched the transformers every day. I think that this movie however, just isnt my style. I'll have to wait and see though, I will probably go to see it!

starcraft.man
June 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Bah, I'm not going to see it. It just doesn't seem right and all...

BrokeBody
June 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Bah, I'm not going to see it. It just doesn't seem right and all...

:roll:

I don't know how it seems, but it looks damn right alright! :D

EDIT: I mean the trailer. :p

PartisanEntity
June 16th, 2007, 01:44 PM
It brings back memories from my childhood, I think I will definitely watch it, however I will not get my hopes up, since a couple years now my experiences with Hollywood movies have been more than disappointing unfortunately and increasingly so.

starcraft.man
June 16th, 2007, 02:41 PM
:roll:

I don't know how it seems, but it looks damn right alright! :D

EDIT: I mean the trailer. :p

I mean the style of it all. I just don't like the idea of CGI bots (some of the bot designs are really bad IMO) with live action, to me it just doesn't feel right. I'm not going to see it, I've been disappointed by enough comic/book/tv adaptations, I don't need to be again and I'm certainly not gonna waste 20+ dollars on two tickets and food.

Oh and I don't care what the trailer looks like, I've seen plenty of movies where the trailer had the best 5 minutes of the movie and the rest was horrible. Not to mention, I don't watch movies just because they find a new level of coolness with CGI and explosions and such fancy things, theres more to a movie than flash.

Edit: Oh and I admit, I'm a curmudgeon and I expect high standards in a good movie. I guess thats just me.

Lord_Sin
June 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Edit: Oh and I admit, I'm a curmudgeon and I expect high standards in a good movie. I guess thats just me.

well, it's a Michael Bay film so... don't expect much! (just my opinion)

and I believe there will be a love story in the middle of the plot instead of some good old transformer bashing! they have to please the women too (I know, I'm being a bit silly) but, it's hollywood! :D

cya

starcraft.man
June 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
well, it's a Michael Bay film so... don't expect much! (just my opinion)

and I believe there will be a love story in the middle of the plot instead of some good old transformer bashing! they have to please the women too (I know, I'm being a bit silly) but, it's hollywood! :D

cya

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... why do they ruin it with things like that. Transformers is not about love or the humans... not to me at least >.>.

Oh and I just saw, no Gary Chalk as Optimus, why not? He's got an awesome voice IMO :). Peter Cullen is ok, but its not the same...

Edit: Just watched the hd trailer, wow my expectations dropped like a rock...

pmj
June 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... why do they ruin it with things like that. Transformers is not about love or the humans... not to me at least >.>.

Oh and I just saw, no Gary Chalk as Optimus, why not? He's got an awesome voice IMO :). Peter Cullen is ok, but its not the same...

Edit: Just watched the hd trailer, wow my expectations dropped like a rock...

Dropped from nothing to what? Seriously, you were complaining before you had even seen it. There are also several different trailers, some better than others. As usual, you can find them all, save perhaps one that might be exclusive to AOL or wherever it was, on the Apple trailer page.

I'm not a Transformers fan, but I think it looks rather nice. Knowing Michael Bay, though, this has a high risk of being really, really bad. Not because of any love story, but because of Michael Bay.

starcraft.man
June 16th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Dropped from nothing to what? Seriously, you were complaining before you had even seen it. There are also several different trailers, some better than others. As usual, you can find them all, save perhaps one that might be exclusive to AOL or wherever it was, on the Apple trailer page.

Sub-nothing? Negative? :p I have my own expectations before hand of what transformers movie should be I guess. Oh and your right. I had been complaining before i'd seen that particular trailer, and thats because I've seen hundreds (REALLY!!) of horrible adaptations (IMO) of books/comics/tv shows. From the few clips I just saw on youtube and the one hosted, it seems like humans are centre stage and the transformers are peripheral... IMO, that defeats the purpose of a transformers movie, its about the transformers. Thats my opinion though after watching transformers for a long time, from the original I might add... I suppose its a bit of a growing trend increasing human pressence in the series (like the last anime trilogy) I don't like it though.

I'm not a Transformers fan, but I think it looks rather nice. Knowing Michael Bay, though, this has a high risk of being really, really bad. Not because of any love story, but because of Michael Bay.

I never said it "looked bad" the CGI is damn nice. Like I said though, I'm not a graphics or audio person anymore its all about content to me, just like when I pick a game its based on gameplay not how many pixels get outputted to my screen. Oh and I do agree, not very interested/impressed with Michael Bay in general.

Adamant1988
June 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I will be seeing it with my girlfriend, hopefully opening night. If not, asap.

DarkOx
June 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I'm a generation removed from fond memories of Optimus Prime, so the movie won't hold any special nostalgia for me.

Now if they made a movie about Optimus Primal that would be completely different. Did anyone else watch Beast Wars (or "Beasties", as it was known here in Canada)? Along with ReBoot, it was easily tied for my favorite show growing up.

Polygon
June 16th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I kinda watched "beast wars" and i loved "reboot" when i was growing up!

but i have never seen a transformers episode or whatever, and this movie actually looks pretty cool. Im not sure if it will live up to the name that all the fans want it to, but i like how it appeals to people who havent seen transformers before

ticopelp
June 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Michael Bay hasn't made a watchable film in over ten years, and this will be no exception. Pass.

EdThaSlayer
June 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I have seen transformers on cartoon network. The animated 3d version that I watched back then was pretty awesome. Can't wait till this movie comes back, will bring back the many memories of robots transforming into animal type of creatures. :)

Stew2
June 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Saw a preview for it on the big screen when we took my son to see Shrek the third. Special effects look pretty awesome on the big screen :popcorn:

aidanr
June 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Michael Bay hasn't made a watchable film in over ten years, and this will be no exception. Pass.

The Rock, Armageddon, The Island, Bad Boys I/II..
Ok so they're not masterpieces, but they are pure popcorn fun, leave your brain at the door movies, and he does action well

starcraft.man
June 16th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I have seen transformers on cartoon network. The animated 3d version that I watched back then was pretty awesome. Can't wait till this movie comes back, will bring back the many memories of robots transforming into animal type of creatures. :)

Uh, I think ya got them mixed up. That was beast wars series, with Optimus Primal... this is a throwback to the original series with trucks and cars, and Optimus Prime. Different characters/series. I assume thats why they got rid of Gary Chalk and brought back Peter Cullen, he did the original voice of Optimus.

Ok so they're not masterpieces, but they are pure popcorn fun, leave your brain at the door movies, and he does action well

Couldn't have said it better myself... those really weren't the greatest of movies, ya watch em once and thats it. And I don't like to leave my brain anywhere... should I have to really do something (like remove my brain) to be interested in a movie? I should think great movies generate interest without any effort.

Why couldn't Bruce Timm (did exceptional work with DC to TV adaptations) or Peter Jackson (LOTR of course) or some other great director/producer who adapted stuff make this movie? Thats what I want to know.

stmiller
June 17th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJuZbUN0rE

Hershey
June 17th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Bumblebee = Beetle, not a Camaro
Jazz = 935, not a Solstice (Love my Solstice, but it's no Jazz)

That pretty much killed it for me.

proalan
June 17th, 2007, 02:15 AM
pure nostalgia. I used to love the cartoons as a kid, but i wonder who the target audience is for this film. I wonder if modern kids know what this is all about and if they will take to it.

I can't imagine the concept not being a little corny now that i've grown up. Still be watching it though when it hits the screens where i am:popcorn:

Tundro Walker
June 17th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Michael Bay...Pearl Harbor...

Let's just say I'm not getting my hopes up. There's a reason the "Team America: World Police" movie had a song called "Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you"

afljafa
July 1st, 2007, 01:57 AM
Brilliant movie. Went and watched it last nite,

Had a good balance of humour and a touch of sadness. The goodies where good and the baddies where soo soo bad. Speciel effects where seemless. Boy gets the girl.

Stay thru the credits - cause theres a coulpe of extras.

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 02:28 AM

Had a good balance of humour and a touch of sadness. The goodies where good and the baddies where soo soo bad. Speciel effects where seemless. Boy gets the girl.

Bleh, I'll get a copy on DVD rental, I'm not in any rush to burn 20+ dollars on a movie I might not like. I especially find myself disdaining boy gets girl (or vice versa, not to sexist) movies, the sappy sometimes drives me insane.

FoolsGold_MKII
July 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM
Bleh, I'll get a copy on DVD rental, I'm not in any rush to burn 20+ dollars on a movie I might not like. I especially find myself disdaining boy gets girl (or vice versa, not to sexist) movies, the sappy sometimes drives me insane.
Reviews seem to be quite positive. Don't just avoid the movie because you swore you wouldn't see it two weeks ago and don't want to appear to have backflipped. :)

afljafa
July 1st, 2007, 02:49 AM
Reviews seem to be quite positive. Don't just avoid the movie because you swore you wouldn't see it two weeks ago and don't want to appear to have backflipped. :)

I checked out the comments on imdb prior. Even the most diehard "I`m not gonna seeit cause it will suck" viewers went and watched it and for the most part agreed that it in fact did not suck.

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 04:03 AM

I have no problem changing opinions, I do it whenever I find a need to. Watching the Transformers movie hasn't appeared on my "need to change" list. Besides, I think I've gotten bored of mainstream Hollywood movies in general (especially adaptations), I find internet media much more refreshing (new, innovative, and lively come to mind too). There are so many wonderful free podcasts available right there for you, and you don't have to pay a cent.

Polygon
July 1st, 2007, 04:09 AM

how did you get to go see it? its not out where i live until july 3rd

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 04:13 AM

Advanced screenings in June I guess. Says it was premiered on the 12th on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(film)) Has been aired at festivals and events since.

Its july 2 for US and 4 for Canada.

Polygon
July 1st, 2007, 04:15 AM
Advanced screenings in June I guess. Says it was premiered on the 12th on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(film)) Has been aired at festivals and events since.

Its july 2 for US and 4 for Canada.

july second? what?? they have changed the release date like 3 times now. a year ago they said 7.4.7 (july 4th), then i just saw a commercial that it got changed to the third, now the second? gahh!

afljafa
July 1st, 2007, 04:18 AM

It`s been on since the 28th of june here in Australia.

ticopelp
July 1st, 2007, 04:20 AM

The Rock was 11 years ago, and was his last halfway decent film. The rest is unwatchable trash IMO.

I'm getting a little too old for that whole "turn off your brain" thing.

starcraft.man
July 1st, 2007, 04:22 AM
july second? what?? they have changed the release date like 3 times now. a year ago they said 7.4.7 (july 4th), then i just saw a commercial that it got changed to the third, now the second? gahh!

Another advantage of waiting for DVD, I don't have to worry about dates. Anyway ya, typical thing, why settle on a date when you can mess with your viewers? :p

Edit:

The Rock was 11 years ago, and was his last halfway decent film. The rest is unwatchable trash IMO.

I'm getting a little too old for that whole "turn off your brain" thing.

LOL! I'm young and its already beyond bearable for me. I hope movies get better from here else I'm gonna be incredibly bored.