gil-galad
July 9th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Hilarious.

rattaro
July 9th, 2005, 07:48 AM
. . . I don't get it. ;-)

Sye d'Burns
July 9th, 2005, 07:50 AM
No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online.

Bwahahahaha! :D

And this is from a supposed MCSE no less!

Who wants to use an operating system that doesn't learn about you, that doesn't keep track of what you like to look at on the web, listen to, or watch? With Windows XP Home, I have the peace of mind that comes with knowing my habits and activities are being monitored by Microsoft, and my computer's hardware configuration and list of installed software is being stored in a database in Redmond.

Seriously, this is a joke, right? :---)

Sye d'Burns
July 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Hehe, looking around the site a little more answered my own question....

This article is a hoot: Building a Linux System Even your Grandmother Could Use (http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/linuxbeat3.htm)

sapo
July 9th, 2005, 08:50 AM
http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/mcse2.htm

Figured I'd toss this one out here, to you guys. Made me smile, at least

http://www.xgn.com.br/fr/img/4237a654977ac.jpg (http://www.xgn.com.br/fr)

this was posted some days ago.. really hilarious :-P

JPatrick
July 9th, 2005, 10:25 AM
hilarious

primeirocrime
July 9th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I love what he made for granny.
http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/linuxbeat3.htm

Wolki
July 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I like this one:

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/barbieOS.htm

This year, Mattel is upping the ante by making the B-Book into a full-fledged desktop replacement targeted specifically at toddler through preteen girls who are currently Windows users but may be seeking alternatives, possibly due to increasing licensing fees or out of a desire to break free of vendor lock-in.

qalimas
July 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
"Linux is popular with the freeloading crowd that feels justified stealing all their music, movies and software for free."

Hmm, so we run a free operating system, and peopel pirate Windows? Yep, we aure are quite the freeloaders :D By the way, my dad runs Windows, he's the one who doesn't buy his movies or DVDs, I've got quite the collection of legit media ;)

SS2
July 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Only noob PC users believe that

super
July 10th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools or virus scanners or Active Backdoor Update like you get with Windows?

Wow!

With Windows XP Home, I have the peace of mind that comes with knowing my habits and activities are being monitored by Microsoft

Where did he go for his MSCE? DeVry? Doesn't say much for the school!
:razz:

XDevHald
July 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Ultimately, using Microsoft software is much, much safer from a legal standpoint.

Whatever generation he was born in, must have brain washed him 24-7 with this garbage because this needs to be on the worlds most funniest computer blogs, he would fit perfectly.
[/bash]

Linux networking utilities, and portions of the human genome are all illegally copied from Unix System V, of which SCO owns some of the copyrights

Dude, and Microsoft doesn't have users who do this? damn, I must be on something while reading this because I feel like I am hilucinating :lol:

Ultimately, using Microsoft software is much, much safer from a legal standpoint. Since the source code is proprietary and closed, there is no way for stolen code to get into the product.

LMFAO I'm in tears from laughing, this guy is a great comedian because, it's easier than you think PAL!

Ok, last one and I'll stop :lol:

[b]Final Score: Windows 5, Linux 0

Um, you mean Linux 5 and YOU with 0.

Wolki
July 11th, 2005, 01:21 AM
[begin bash]
Whatever generation he was born in, must have brain washed him 24-7 with this garbage because this needs to be on the worlds most funniest computer blogs, he would fit perfectly.
[/bash]

You realize that it is a comedy site?

[quote=that article]Linux zealots will try to say that their platform isn't plagued by things like email viruses, but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background. [quote]

bwahahaha. that part cracks me up mo matter how often I read it :)

XDevHald
July 11th, 2005, 01:27 AM
You realize that it is a comedy site?

[quote=that article]Linux zealots will try to say that their platform isn't plagued by things like email viruses, but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background. [quote]

bwahahaha. that part cracks me up mo matter how often I read it :)
Ah ok, didn't know that :lol:

And yes, he needs to take computer classes or do some VERY big researching to know what he talking about before displaying it on a website. But hey, it's a comedy site ;)

Wolki
July 11th, 2005, 02:16 AM
[QUOTE=Wolki]And yes, he needs to take computer classes or do some VERY big researching to know what he talking about before displaying it on a website. But hey, it's a comedy site ;)

No, really, it is. Did you read some of the other articles on the site? Most of the Computer things are hilarious. I like the Mattel Barbie Linux:

The OS defaults to the GRUB bootloader and the KDE 3.1.3 desktop environment. Gnome support for applications such as Evolution and Gaim is included, but additional software may be downloaded from Mattel’s Click-Click-Pay Clearinghouse, a software archive that allows users to purchase and install software over the web, without ever having to launch a command line. "Most girls up through adult women become frightened and confused, often hysterical when presented with a traditional command prompt," Cesterino explained, "therefore the console program available through the B-Menu in BarbieOS features pink text on a flowered background so as to not intimidate or threaten females, and all windows are circular instead of the usual square, since most females unconsciously associate a circular shape with inclusiveness and the womb."

IllegalEnzyme
July 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
lol, this guy cracks me up.

RJARRRPCGP
July 13th, 2005, 12:51 AM
LOL! Death penalty for hackers. \\:D/ :^o

J/K \\:D/

dickohead
July 13th, 2005, 01:17 AM
LOL! Death penalty for hackers. \\:D/ :^o

J/K \\:D/
That site's fantastic!!! If he really does have an MSCE qualification maybe he should put it to some use and line a bird cage with it?

I love this bit:

I especially like the four games it comes with - Hearts, FreeCell (so addictive!), Minesweeper, and Solitaire. It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers.

HAHAHAHAHA pure class!

sapo
July 13th, 2005, 02:25 AM
That site's fantastic!!! If he really does have an MSCE qualification maybe he should put it to some use and line a bird cage with it?

I love this bit:

HAHAHAHAHA pure class!

lol... i cant say if he is serious or if its just a joke ](*,)

pszilard
August 7th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Hehe, looking around the site a little more answered my own question....

This article is a hoot: Building a Linux System Even your Grandmother Could Use (http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/linuxbeat3.htm)
Re http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/linuxbeat3.htm

I've got tears running down both cheeks. This is so funny that my face almost hurts from laughing :)

-paul

SKLP
August 7th, 2005, 04:49 PM
hehe

fig_jam_uk
August 15th, 2005, 02:03 PM
AOL isnt that for loosers anyways???? :-#

edit, rip and share music!!!! isnt this illegal?????????

I'm running XP on the monster rig I use at home--a brand new Compaq mid-tower--and the OS blazes like a Corvette. I especially like the four games it comes with - Hearts, FreeCell (so addictive!), Minesweeper, and Solitaire. It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers. ??? LMAO :-?

Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools... ext3=no need to defrag.

Windows Longhorn will be like having a little cop right inside your computer, something MCSEs such as myself have been demanding for years. Let me just say, it's about f'ing time!.... yes just waiting to pounce when you do somrthing your not supposed to...

Final Score: Windows 5, Linux 0..... ERMMM NO

Terracotta
August 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
"I was shocked by how few preference-gathering applications were running in the background and how it did absolutely no "calling home", never even contacting the Mandrake server to make sure my product's license key was intact"

Licence key for something free?

"Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux? Nowhere to be found. If I can't type a letter, make a spreadsheet, or email anyone with Linux, why on earth would I ever put it on my desktop?"

Euh right :), the only programs on earth are made by ms, even better: ms invented using e-mail, type a letter, listen to music :-), I really hope that guy isn't taking himself that serious? Hard to tell.

:-P