PDA

View Full Version : Kontact Vs. Evolution

wersdaluv
June 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Which is better, Kontact or Evolution, and why?

karellen
June 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolution - more features

wersdaluv
June 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolution - more features

What features does Evolution have that Kontact lacks?

karellen
June 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
What features does Evolution have that Kontact lacks?

- iCalendar support
- more powerful e-mail filters (see Scheme)
- better interface with Exchange
- better adress book
- better support for IMAP
- you can synchronize with Palm Pilot devices, mobile phones and PDA's (with OpenSync)

Dragonbite
June 15th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I prefered Kontact because it seems more responsive than Evolution has on the few times I've tried it, and I like the ability to work with one part (like kMail) if I want someting quick and don't want the whole kit-and-kaboodle opened every time.

angryfirelord
June 15th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Thunderbird! :D

Depends on your preference and desktop.

karellen
June 15th, 2007, 03:35 PM
crucify me for this, but from all 3 (kontact, evolution, thunderbird) I like outlook 2007 the most :D

starcraft.man
June 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM
crucify me for this, but from all 3 (kontact, evolution, thunderbird) I like outlook 2007 the most :D

*stares at karellen* I'm not gonna pay a few hundred bucks for outlook... oh and MS nicely removed it from the family/student package (I believe I saw that), I guess they don't think students/family get email that needs managing, morons.

Uh, I don't see why thunderbird isn't a choice. I mostly just use web email accounts but any desktop accounts I use are always set up with thunderbird, I just really like it and its extensions. Evolution gets a close second though if I can't choose mozilla, it's pretty good from what I used.

Dragonbite
June 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I'm currently using Thunderbird, but that's also because of familiarity my wife has with it on the Windows machine as well as the Linux machine. We do have Outlook 2000 but that is lousy (and sloooow).

Outlook 2003 isn't all that bad on my work computer.