PDA

View Full Version : New Flash9 - Native GTK

v8YKxgHe
June 15th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Seems like a new version of Flash9 is out for us Linux people, now with Native GTK!

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2007/06/fullscreen_beta.html

I've no idea how to install it though, any help?

hanzomon4
June 15th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Just download the linux tar file, extract, then open a terminal and cd to the extracted directory and run sudo ./flashplayer-installer. Follow the directions and when asked for an installation path enter /usr/lib/firefox.

Gannin
June 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Download the file, extract it, and move libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins.

loell
June 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
have you tried this instuctions?

.tar.gz installation

1. Click the "Download .tar.gz" link. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the file.
2. Save the .tar.gz file to your desktop and wait for the file to download completely.
3. Unpackage the file. A directory called install_flash_player_9_linux will be created.
4. In terminal, navigate to this directory and type ./flashplayer-installer to run the installer. Click Enter. The installer will instruct you to shut down your browser(s).
5. Once the installation is complete, the plug-in will be installed in your Mozilla browser. To verify, launch Mozilla and choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.

Edit.. : beaten

aidanr
June 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM
tried it out earlier, even more crash happy and buggy :(

saulgoode
June 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Has anybody found a link to "Adobe Systems Incorporated Serial Agreement for Unreleased Products"? Since this release is beta, its EULA states I have to also consent to the terms of that "Serial Agreement for Unreleased Products"; but I haven't been able to locate a copy of it on their website.

ButteBlues
June 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
tried it out earlier, even more crash happy and buggy :(
It's Beta for a reason.

File a bug report!

%hMa@?b<C
June 15th, 2007, 02:33 PM
finally, we have fullscreen!

reyfer
June 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I have been using that version (Flash version 9,0,31,0) since February, and it works great for me. It's not new, it was released in January. Just download the tar.gz file, extract it, and move libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins.

igknighted
June 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
WTF!?! Why native GTK? Flash should be nothing more than a backend, and GTK folk could write a front end for it and qt folk could write one too.

henriquemaia
June 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Fullscreen, yay!

Sunflower1970
June 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I have been using that version (Flash version 9,0,31,0) since February, and it works great for me. It's not new, it was released in January. Just download the tar.gz file, extract it, and move libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins.

Same here. Hasn't been buggy at all for me. I didn't even realize it was a beta...

igknighted
June 15th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Same here. Hasn't been buggy at all for me. I didn't even realize it was a beta...

You guys are not using the newest one. It just came out a few days ago. See this link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html... note the date of the release on the file.

FuturePilot
June 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe this new one will stop freezing my browser:-k

v8YKxgHe
June 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
This latest one is very unstable. If you right-click on it and go properties, it then locks firefox up. Also I can not click on any flash games, and on some of them it just keeps refreshing the page. I just gave up and re-installed the older one of flash9 and works again.

Bou
June 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hey, that's quite cool. I hope someday I'll be able to scroll the mouse wheel over a flash window, and it will actually work.