PDA

View Full Version : Tomboy Notes idea - what do you think about it?

Enalia
June 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I love tomboy notes, really I do. It's AMAZING and very well thought out I use it for many many many things.

It's so incredibly useful, I wish it were more of a gadget than a piece of software!

Here's what I wish Tomboy could do:

run off my flash drive - I could get to my notes anywhere from either of my computers.
run on windows (and/or Mac, i guess but... really?) from a flash drive - I could get to my notes anywhere from any computer.

But, what would REALLY be great is Tomboy, exactly how it is now ... but available as an application on a PDA. If there were any sort of PDA or Smartphone that could run Tomboy I'd pay double (no joke). Even if there were some sort of gadget and all it could run was Tomboy - I'd still buy it.

This is one of the very few cases where the software is TOO useful and easy to use for its own good.

I guess what I'm saying is... I'm a Tomboy Fangirl!!! I know I'm not the only one (maybe some Tomboy Fanboys?) anyone else agree with me?

zekopeko
June 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM
tomboy is a mono application if i'm not mistaken. that means that it could run without much problem on windows because mono= .NET on windows.

in one blog a developer demonstrated how a mono application is compiled on linux and runs under it but also under windows , nokia N800 tablet and another nokia phone

Adamant1988
June 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM
tomboy is a mono application if i'm not mistaken. that means that it could run without much problem on windows because mono= .NET on windows.

in one blog a developer demonstrated how a mono application is compiled on linux and runs under it but also under windows , nokia N800 tablet and another nokia phone

TomBoy does not function very well on Windows.. I've tried it :(

Anyway... Yes, TomBoy is one of those programs that I love very very dearly and it would work VERY well on a small screen. Perhaps we should get someone to write one as an iPhone app ;)

bobbocanfly
June 13th, 2007, 10:47 PM
If it is written in Mono C# and is OSS (It is in the Ubuntu Repos so i am guessing it is) then it shouldnt be too hard to port to C#.NET (Native to Windows).

As for Mac OSX, everything you need is in the Dashboard.

Adamant1988
June 13th, 2007, 10:50 PM
If it is written in Mono C# and is OSS (It is in the Ubuntu Repos so i am guessing it is) then it shouldnt be too hard to port to C#.NET (Native to Windows).

As for Mac OSX, everything you need is in the Dashboard.

Yeah, you would think that. but I tried the windows version and it crashed every single time you did something with it.

23meg
June 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Please submit your idea to http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas.