PDA

View Full Version : need help with reconstructor

Sir P
June 13th, 2007, 09:52 AM
hi there,

I'm using reconstructor to customise a live CD, though having trouble working out how to install problems on it - i see the module and apt-get (install) box but nothing really happens when I click apply.

Second question is, the modules on the site you can download are in a rmod format, how do I build a live boot image from one of these modules?

many thanks for any support or pointers you can give
regards
Sir P :D

smartboyathome
June 14th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I have had much trouble with Reconstructor. If you would like to remaster a livecd, then I would suggest you use UCK (Ubuntu Customization Kit). If you would still like to use Reconstructor, I have a few tips:

The mods don't work (at least not for me), and neither does the apt-get line (there are no sources for apt-get to go off of) so I would not even try to use them. Instead, use the terminal (located in the bottom left corner). You will have to be running the same distro as the one you are remastering in order for you to copy/paste your sources from your running linux to your remaster. I have a complete set of instructions here (it erases the repos and the keys to the ubuntu repos after the first remaster, so if you forgot something, then you will have to start fresh):

http://reconstructor.aperantis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=3&id=369#369

You will want to do everything from the command line. I hope this helps you! ^_^

SalgerKlesk
June 14th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I have had much trouble with Reconstructor. If you would like to remaster a livecd, then I would suggest you use UCK (Ubuntu Customization Kit). If you would still like to use Reconstructor, I have a few tips:

The mods don't work (at least not for me), and neither does the apt-get line (there are no sources for apt-get to go off of) so I would not even try to use them. Instead, use the terminal (located in the bottom left corner). You will have to be running the same distro as the one you are remastering in order for you to copy/paste your sources from your running linux to your remaster. I have a complete set of instructions here (it erases the repos and the keys to the ubuntu repos after the first remaster, so if you forgot something, then you will have to start fresh):

http://reconstructor.aperantis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=3&id=369#369

You will want to do everything from the command line. I hope this helps you! ^_^

How to change deeper graphic details from the terminal?

smartboyathome
June 14th, 2007, 03:24 PM
If you are talking about themes, Metacity might be able to do that for you from the command line. Otherwise, I would not know. :-\

Sir P
June 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Smartboy, I installed UCK and just removed/installed some packages, just burning to CD now to try it out :)

Coudnt find anyway to change boot logos or wallpapers in UCK though, is it possible through those?

Many thanks for your time :)

SalgerKlesk
June 14th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Smartboy, I installed UCK and just removed/installed some packages, just burning to CD now to try it out :)

Coudnt find anyway to change boot logos or wallpapers in UCK though, is it possible through those?

Many thanks for your time :)

I have the same problem. Is it possible to do this from the command line instead of using the gui (that obviously doesn't work)?

Thanks...

stepan2
July 9th, 2007, 03:40 AM
i don't know what you guys are talking about . reconstructor wokred wonders for me. everything worked there.

smartboyathome
July 9th, 2007, 05:46 AM
You are lucky then. I could not get reconstructor to work at all. btw, did you test the ISO made with reconstructor to see if it worked?

candtalan
July 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM
All I want to do is change boot screen usplash and a wallpaper, but Reconstructor does not work successfully for me. I note that when it first starts, In the Terminal I get

Terminal:
=================
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
Major opcode: 145
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
Major opcode: 145
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device