PDA

View Full Version : A dumb fault.

afljafa
June 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
:D

So I have a Mythtv Frontend/Backend setup with the frontend working via pxe. For months it has performed flawlessly up until last nite. I booted the frontend and it failed at Boot:

What could be wrong? I poured over the server logs. Reinstated a backup frontend. Rebooted servers and even downloaded a Windows based TFTPD server to try and get it working. Finally I decided to try resetting the pxe machine bios to see if that would fix the problem. I grabbed the end of the keyboard cable and pulled the keyboard out from under the accumulated junk behind the TV cabinet. Rebooted and missed hitting the delete key to get into the motherboard bios. Low and behold I was greeted with the shiny ubuntu splash screen.

After all that - it ended up being a depressed key halting the boot process.](*,)

mips
June 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
After all that - it ended up being a depressed key halting the boot process.](*,)

"Keyboard Error - Press F1 to contunue"

I remember in the old days how many servers never came up after a failure(power/reset) because the keyboard was not plugged in...