PDA

View Full Version : new zealand

vega44
July 7th, 2005, 10:03 PM
have any of you been or live in new zealand? i thinking about getting out of the USA. what do you think of new zealand?

KiwiNZ
July 7th, 2005, 11:16 PM
New Zealand is my home, it is a truely fantastic place to live , a South Pacific paradise. Yes we have some problems , but compared to the terrible incidents around the World they are insignificant.

If you wish to know more about New Zealand Aoteoroa please feel free to PM me

aysiu
July 7th, 2005, 11:43 PM
How difficult is it to immigrate to New Zealand from America?

KiwiNZ
July 7th, 2005, 11:59 PM
New Zealands Immigration policy is complex but fair. Here is the Government web site for immigration
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

We are a Nation the encourages immigration as we need population growth , we are the size of the United Kingdom and have a population of 4 million.

ssck
July 8th, 2005, 01:57 AM
New Zealand is my home, it is a truely fantastic place to live , a South Pacific paradise. Yes we have some problems , but compared to the terrible incidents around the World they are insignificant.

If you wish to know more about New Zealand Aoteoroa please feel free to PM me

i am keen to move to nz too ..... are IT professionals in high demand ?

KiwiNZ
July 8th, 2005, 09:52 AM
The best thing to do is check the criteria on the Website I posted above. There is always positions for good IT professionals especially Unix and Cisco certified

WirelessMike
July 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I fell in love with New Zealand just watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy. What a BEAUTIFUL place!

Be sure if you buy the extended DVD of LOTR-Return of the King to watch the extras-- Alot of interesting and fascinating info about New Zealand, Maori, Kiwis, etc. You even get to see an actual performance of kapahaka.

You might find it interesting to know that the oscar-winning theme of that particular movie was inspired by an amateur filmmaker from New Zealand that was on-set for much of the filming.

Great land, great people... I can't wait to see it for myself one day. I'll see it as a tourist, though-- For all my country's faults, I still LOVE America.

vega44
July 8th, 2005, 09:05 PM
how are you guy on motorcycles? do you see a lot of people riding?

where can i look up laws for NZ? gun laws motorcycle laws.... laws.

rockmusic88
July 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM
we are the size of the United Kingdom and have a population of 4 million.

And the United kingdom has a population of 60 million.

KiwiNZ
July 8th, 2005, 10:54 PM
how are you guy on motorcycles? do you see a lot of people riding?

where can i look up laws for NZ? gun laws motorcycle laws.... laws.

Gun Laws, if you have a criminal record you cant own one, Only persons over 20 can apply for and sit the examination to get a gun licence, No hand guns are allowed except for sporting reasons and must be sercured at a sports club. All privately owned rifles must be securely locked away in approved cases with the ammunition and fireing mechanism in a seperate secure location. Tese are inspected by the Police. No Automatic weapons are permitted.

As for motor bike yep no probs , you must have a licence , helmets are compulsory , you must ride with lights on and for the first 2 years you are limited in the power of the bike you ride , that is 150cc.

Hope this helps

vega44
July 8th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Gun Laws, if you have a criminal record you cant own one, Only persons over 20 can apply for and sit the examination to get a gun licence, No hand guns are allowed except for sporting reasons and must be sercured at a sports club. All privately owned rifles must be securely locked away in approved cases with the ammunition and fireing mechanism in a seperate secure location. Tese are inspected by the Police. No Automatic weapons are permitted.

As for motor bike yep no probs , you must have a licence , helmets are compulsory , you must ride with lights on and for the first 2 years you are limited in the power of the bike you ride , that is 150cc.

Hope this helps
so i can't bring a 600rr with me?... even if i own it? what if i owned a bike in the USA 2 years or more?

you would never catch me on some 150cc you got to be crazzy. 250cc ninja is crap..... what is a 150cc? a scooter?

if i have to wait 2 years befor i can ride over a 150cc then i guss ill stay here. ](*,) a 150cc is a toy, some of those pocket bikes are 150cc, 100cc or 50cc and those are kid toys but they should not be making them for kids,,,,,, [-X

terranz
March 16th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I know a lot of immigrants and one of the things I've picked up is that international driving experience does count.

As for the gun laws, well, we don't have so many people shooting each other.

Oh and a scooter is 50cc

super
March 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
bah!
don't listen to these people! if you want to know about new zealand, here is where you need to go: new zealand (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand) ;)

Lord Illidan
March 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I fell in love with New Zealand just watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy. What a BEAUTIFUL place!

Be sure if you buy the extended DVD of LOTR-Return of the King to watch the extras-- Alot of interesting and fascinating info about New Zealand, Maori, Kiwis, etc. You even get to see an actual performance of kapahaka.

You might find it interesting to know that the oscar-winning theme of that particular movie was inspired by an amateur filmmaker from New Zealand that was on-set for much of the filming.

Great land, great people... I can't wait to see it for myself one day. I'll see it as a tourist, though-- For all my country's faults, I still LOVE America.

Exactly what I was going to say. The scenes in Lord of the Rings, and King Kong made me wish that I was in New Zealand. The landscape and the people seem awesome.
Still, for all my country's faults, I still LOVE Malta.

KiwiNZ
March 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
To see where I live look here

http://www.virtualoceania.net/newzealand/photos/
http://www.thenewzealandsite.com/
http://www.vonnagy.com/

terranz
March 16th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I like the uncyclopedia. Thanks for the link.

renzokuken
March 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM
man, if i lived in new zealand, i'd just go watch rugby all day long......

as long as its not the Lions being humiliated again

terranz
March 16th, 2006, 10:59 PM
man, if i lived in new zealand, i'd just go watch rugby all day long......

as long as its not the Kittens being humiliated again

Aside from occasionally interesting internationals, I'm glad it's seasonal.

renzokuken
March 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM
kittens....hahahaha.....so true