PDA

View Full Version : One Note replacement?

jmagsho
June 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I'm looking for an application similar to MS One Note that I can use on my Ubuntu machine (desperately trying to go 100% Ubuntu here and rid myself of Windows XP).

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. The ability to import .one files would be a plus, but is not a necessity.

Thanks!

sal
June 11th, 2007, 09:03 PM
did u look into basket yet. thats what i use. hope it helps.

nsleiman
June 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I'm looking for an application similar to MS One Note that I can use on my Ubuntu machine (desperately trying to go 100% Ubuntu here and rid myself of Windows XP).

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. The ability to import .one files would be a plus, but is not a necessity.

Thanks!

i dont really know what does MS one note, but if i understood it it must be like adding notes on desktop directly? if this is the case i use "Sticky Notes" click on add to panel and add it.

regards

revertex
June 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
i use basket a lot, it's not fancy as onenote but does the job pretty well.

Tomboy seems nice too, and integrate very well with beagle.

jmagsho
November 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I've tried Tomboy and found it to be too cumbersome. Will check out basket and see how that goes.

Thanks to all who replied.

helliewm
November 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Try Jarnal from www.getdeb.net it is a deb file.

Helen

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 05:09 PM
I've tried Tomboy and found it to be too cumbersome. Will check out basket and see how that goes.

Thanks to all who replied.

wow, where did you disappear to? lol

jmagsho
November 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
LOL. All I can say is that I have two toddlers at home (a 2 year old and a 1 year old). They've been keeping me busy!

Thanks for all the input.

genghiskhanid
July 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry for reopening this post but I guess it's still valid since it's the result I got from my research.

Anyways, just to let you all know, Basket doesn't open .one files so it's pretty useless if you want to share One Note files between computers.

I'll go ahead and try other ones and let you all know.

overdrank
July 28th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Back to sleep thread. :) Thread closed