PDA

View Full Version : what ubuntu type sites would you like to see

silent1643
June 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
just wondering what kind of content you guys would like to see in a ubuntu related website?

im bored and just might take up one of the idea's i see lol :D

ThinkBuntu
June 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM
just wondering what kind of content you guys would like to see in a ubuntu related website?

im bored and just might take up one of the idea's i see lol :D
Software reviews geared towards Ubuntu users.

tagra123
June 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM
A real hardware compatibility database

silent1643
June 11th, 2007, 07:41 PM
A real hardware compatibility database

i could do a wiki for this... categorized by processors, ubuntu version, desktop / laptop etc..

maniacmusician
June 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
i could do a wiki for this... categorized by processors, ubuntu version, desktop / laptop etc..
Don't bother. There are a couple of projects already doing this, and making good headway on it. Other idea sounds better.

silent1643
June 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Don't bother. There are a couple of projects already doing this, and making good headway on it. Other idea sounds better.

yeah, started searching and found plenty :D

tagra123
June 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Post the links -I googled, I looked I saw the same ole same ole.

As far as compatibility I was thinking more along the lines of

DEVICE | MANUFACTURER | MODEL | OPSYSTEM | OPSYSVERSION | DRIVER | DRIVERVERSION | BUGS | PLUG and Play| REVIEWS

This would let someone know from the start that they had a good fit or to avoid the junk. It would also let people know right away those with opinions could voice "DIDNT WORK ON ... etc"

Is there anything like this already ? Give me the link please. I've been lucky with over 90% of my hardware, It would be nice to get a reliable list or database. Another benefit is that it would quickly show to everyone the companies that just dont support linux.