PDA

View Full Version : How can I help promote Ubuntu on the Web?

noom
June 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Hi, I want to share my love for ubuntu with others. And i was thinking do you have "get firefox" style little banners i can put on my websites?

thanks

noom
June 11th, 2007, 12:35 AM
anyone

SoulinEther
June 11th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Create little logos that you can put on your website and offer others to put on theirs? Though I think there might already be some.

Oops, read your post and... that's exactly what I came up with. :S

icechen1
June 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
You might get some button pic in the gallery: http://ubuntuforums.org/g/

Adamant1988
June 11th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I feel that, as it is, the web is saturated enough with Ubuntu just by word-of-mouth advertising. We really need to go beyond that.

SoulinEther
June 11th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I feel that, as it is, the web is saturated enough with Ubuntu just by word-of-mouth advertising. We really need to go beyond that.
Indeed we do need to go beyond that :P

lol, sorry, just capitalizing your mis-type. It won't hurt.

Adamant1988
June 11th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Indeed we do need to go beyond that :P

lol, sorry, just capitalizing your mis-type. It won't hurt.

Sorry, where was my error?

SoulinEther
June 11th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Sorry, where was my error?
Then I misunderstood you, or you utilized sarcasm that went under my radar.

:gasp: I'm doomed.

Adamant1988
June 11th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Then I misunderstood you, or you utilized sarcasm that went under my radar.

:gasp: I'm doomed.

I believe you misunderstood me, I was saying that we need to go beyond Internet advertising, as we've already saturated that market through the ease of communication.

SoulinEther
June 11th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Ah. The "beyond that" refers to a new medium. Ok.

Markets/stores?

Adamant1988
June 11th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Ah. The "beyond that" refers to a new medium. Ok.

Markets/stores?

Anything past that where there would be a high-visibility and good attention rates. Certain forms of media are good too.

SoulinEther
June 11th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Anything past that where there would be a high-visibility and good attention rates. Certain forms of media are good too.
Like in comic books to create suspense?

Billy_McBong
June 11th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Like in comic books to create suspense?
haha
how would that work?

Tux Aubrey
June 11th, 2007, 03:17 AM
We really need some good product placement - like Apple does (there must be more Macs used in movies and on TV that there are real users!). I think someone remarked recently that they caught a glimpse of someone using a linux desktop on an English cop show.

So if there are any TV or movie stars on these forums, they should try to get shots of Ubuntu on their shows or in their movies (I'm sure I've seen Leonard Nimoy here abouts and there are some chicks from a TV show too).

I personally commit to talking to Russell Crowe next time I see him and ask him if he will throw a "powered by ubuntu" laptop at the next hotel worker he sees. If anyone knows Naomi Campbell, you could suggest that she gets ubuntu mobile on her phone and throws it at her housekeeper. Remember, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

DeadSuperHero
June 11th, 2007, 03:40 AM
It'd be fun to make some YouTube commercials.
But they have to be clever. Nothing stupid, like Novell's commercials.

HotForLinux
July 31st, 2009, 02:43 AM
Promote GNU-Linux / Ubuntu in your e-mails - Ubuntu signature (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1227349)

overdrank
July 31st, 2009, 02:46 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg