PDA

View Full Version : Message about ISO torrent seeding

gavintlgold
June 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Just so you know, my friend Ezra is seeding three official Ubuntu torrents constantly. They are Feisty: i386, AMD64, and xubuntu i386. He sent me a screenshot and he's uploaded 2.4 GB of data already (just on the i386 torrent), plus about 900MB on the other two each.

His UPLOAD speed average is 21 KB/sec. He has FiOS, so he is able to do this without denting his internet speed. So when you're torrenting the ISO's, thank him if there's only one seeder active.

steeleyuk
June 10th, 2007, 02:17 PM
To be fair I don't think hes going to be the only one seeding Ubuntu torrents...

cody50
June 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM
The most crucial time for people to seed is right when a new release hits. but It is still good I guess if you can afford the bandwidth the keep them up longer. I do occasionally, It is an easy way to help support Ubuntu and Open Source.

loathsome
June 10th, 2007, 04:14 PM
The most crucial time for people to seed is right when a new release hits. but It is still good I guess if you can afford the bandwidth the keep them up longer. I do occasionally, It is an easy way to help support Ubuntu and Open Source.
I have a ratio of 9 or so at the Feisty torrent. I always seed to AT LEAST 1.0, especially when it's a new release.

juxtaposed
June 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I have a ratio of 9 or so at the Feisty torrent. I always seed to AT LEAST 1.0, especially when it's a new release.

People doing that are why the ubuntu torrent is often used to test to see your max download speed, as it often maxes out peoples connections :)