PDA

View Full Version : Building Nvu from source

Dogmeat
July 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi, I'm trying to build Nvu from source, as it currently doesn't support SFTP. After struggling a few days trying to configure a SSH FTP tunnel (I must have tried everything but the correct way of doing things), I gave up and thought implementing SFTP support in Nvu myself would be easier :razz:

So I tried to compile its source, but I'm having a few problems to which I haven't found a solution anywhere.

The first one was xprintutils complaining /usr/include/X11/extensions/Print.h didn't exist. This one I solved by disabling xprint (couldn't find its dev package). Now it's complaining it can't find Xrender.h on the same folder, and I can't disable this one.

My guess is I'm missing a X11 extensions dev package or something. Does anyone know what is it called? Also if you managed to compile Nvu from source please tell me what else I need, thanks!

gil-galad
July 6th, 2005, 09:35 PM
If you go to this site (http://packages.ubuntu.com/) you can find out what packages have what files.

By searching for Print.h, I think libxp-dev is what you are looking for.
Xrender.h = libxrender-dev

Dogmeat
July 6th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I didn't know about that site, :grin: i bet that it will make all my i-wonder-what-that-file's-package-is-when-there's-no-INSTALL-file kind of woes extinct! Thanks a lot :)

Dogmeat
July 6th, 2005, 10:23 PM
... or so I thought! That's odd, I had libxrender-dev and it has no Xrender.h :-?! Only render.h ... i tried creating a symlink but xft.h complains:

In file included from nsDeviceContextGTK.cpp:78:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:76: error: 'XRenderColor' is used as a type,
but is not defined as a type.

When i try getting libxrender-dev ubuntu says its the latest version, but it doesn't have Xrender.h like Ubuntu Packages says... what's going on?

gil-galad
July 7th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Strange. I have Xrender.h installed, and its from libxrender-dev.

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h

:-?

Dogmeat
July 7th, 2005, 04:38 AM
I don't. I read around a bit and I guess its needed for XFree86 fonts or something. Are you using XFree86? I'm using Xorg, maybe thats where the problem is? I had that library installed automatically by Ubuntu because a lot of stuff depends on it, and I can't remove and reinstall it without breaking lots of things. I disabled XFT but now I get this error:

../../dist/lib/libneckobase_s.a: member ../../dist/lib/libneckobase_s.a(nsURLHelper.o) in archive is not an object
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Come on surely someone must have built NVU from source successfully ?? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

lamborghiniwang
January 31st, 2007, 12:50 AM
Was anyone able to add sftp feature to Nvu? The web server I'm using only supports sftp.:(