PDA

View Full Version : Who should have been 3rd in command on Star Trek?

jgrabham
June 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Always wondered this - why wcas Sulu 3rd in command - Id have Scotty in command in the absence of Kirk or Spock

(how stereotypical is this - computer nerds talking about Star Trek)

orange2k
June 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I`ve always liked 7 of 9...
I know it`s not the same series, but she is so right for this post...;)

jgrabham
June 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I`ve always liked 7 of 9...
I know it`s not the same series, but she is so right for this post...;)

Yeah, gazes blankly for a minute :] Not as someone in command though

But Janeway was a great Captain - probabally the best captain on any star trek - she cared more about her ship, and her crew than the prime directive!

RAV TUX
June 9th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Spock was always in control, he just let the others think they were in control. ;)

jgrabham
June 9th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Spock was always in control, he just let the others think they were in control. ;)

(In a very bad scotish accent)

what are you talkin about you blue-blooded idiot? :]

Besides Checkov, Bones and Scotty, the whole crew wasn't that good. and after 60 episodes, looking up o'huras skirt doesn't work anymore :]

smoker
June 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
i always wanted The Borg to assimilate the whole crew!:D

jgrabham
June 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
i always wanted The Borg to assimilate the whole crew!:D

The crew of what - NCC-1701?

smoker
June 10th, 2007, 12:00 AM
The crew of what - NCC-1701?

hmm, lets assimilate the whole startrek fleet:D

jgrabham
June 10th, 2007, 12:01 AM
hmm, lets assimilate the whole startrek fleet:D

A bit difficult - no borg in the alpha quadrant (please dont argue with this) in the 22nd century

orange2k
June 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
A bit difficult - no borg in the alpha quadrant (please dont argue with this) in the 22nd century

Yeah, but I do remember the Borg being able to cross time and space at some point, so why not?

jgrabham
June 10th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, but I do remember the Borg being able to cross time and space at some point, so why not?

So could the federation in the 25th - "the prime time directive" - that was so funny!!

az
June 10th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Always wondered this - why wcas Sulu 3rd in command - Id have Scotty in command in the absence of Kirk or Spock

(how stereotypical is this - computer nerds talking about Star Trek)

Sulu outranked Checkov and Uhuran on the bridge. Often times, Scotty was in command (when Kirk and Spock were away and he was not needed in engineering. Scotty outranked Sulu, but whomever was on the bridge at the time, handled command.

In TNG, there was an episode where Dr. Crusher took command of the ship for the night shift every now and again.

jgrabham
June 10th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Sulu outranked Checkov and Uhuran on the bridge. Often times, Scotty was in command (when Kirk and Spock were away and he was not needed in engineering. Scotty outranked Sulu, but whomever was on the bridge at the time, handled command.

In TNG, there was an episode where Dr. Crusher took command of the ship for the night shift every now and again.

OK, scotty was so cool! (If unbelievably stereotypical)

jgrabham
June 10th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Although, I wouldnt want a Vulcan in command of a ship - theyre far too uncreative, and not willing to take suggestions if they're "ilogical".