PDA

View Full Version : Ask.com,

hanzomon4
June 9th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Anyone else use ask.com, I just went to check it out and it's been upgraded. It' hard to describe but it's neat and you should check it out...

reidms
June 9th, 2007, 06:48 AM
It looks alot more like Google now

ButteBlues
June 9th, 2007, 06:53 AM
It looks alot more like Google now
Aside from the main page being simple, there's very little in common.

IMO this looks much better than google's and is easier to use - I particularly like the feed listings when searching for blogs. :D

deadowl
June 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
It's algorithm isn't quite as fine-tuned as Google's, but still can prove useful. I realized this when I went on it to look up "Digg City," the winner of the Digg API Contest. Nothing useful came up because Ask didn't really know the actual thing I was looking for was called "DiggCity."

However, it does do a much better job than Google at getting more information to the user, but so do a lot of other search engines. The difference is that Ask has been spending a TON of money on advertising.

Adamant1988
June 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Actually, conducting searches on Ask.com's site is MUCH better for me. Although 'the algorithm' seems to give me sometimes less important information, I feel that it gives me more than I need, but as much as I want. A very nice search tool, me thinks.