PDA

View Full Version : A.I. In the palm of your hand - AMAZING!

macmatt
June 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Hey guys - just bought myself a "20Q" 'intelligent' game, which seems to (uncannily) guess what you are thinking of, by way of asking you various questions regarding said object.

Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20Q

I am absolutely AMAZED and intrigued by this gadget... and it only cost me £9.99 from Argos!. For all those people interested in artificial intelligence - GET ONE NOW.

:)

juxtaposed
June 8th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I did that on 20q.net, I was very suprised. I chose a computer; The questions had nothing to do with it, then at the end, " I am guessing that it is a personal computer?".

Wow :P

Next one I thought water; guessed music, I said it was wrong, then guessed water.

Next was jim morrison; guessed right.

This thing is cool :P

PriceChild
June 9th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I was thinking Taka from feeder which it didn't quite get (asking me if it was a band 20 questions after me telling it was a person) It got "Feeder" for me in 28 questions... not too shabby

Matt Bellamy from MUSE in 17.

Pretty good :)

juxtaposed
June 9th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Matt Bellamy from MUSE in 17.

I was thinking of that, but decided against it; didn't think it would have a chance of getting it.

I didn't think it could get jim morrison, saving private ryan, or jerry garcia either though :P

Enverex
June 9th, 2007, 12:45 AM
It's not AI, it's just an insanely big IF{} statement. Although that raises the question, when does something go from being cases and boolean args to being AI? I'd have to throw sentience in there.

Mazza558
June 9th, 2007, 12:47 AM
It got Operating System after 20 (I was trying to get Linux)

jgrabham
June 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ive only used one once; i chose deoderant (first thing |I saw as I looked round the room) It couldnt work it out! (I had to think for a while about the question "does it make people happy?" There isnt a "depends if you inhale it" buuton)