PDA

View Full Version : Team meetings

crane
June 8th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I believe we will start having a set time each week that we can have a meeting. Of course I try to remain in the IRC channel at all time so anyone with questions can ask.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what time and day to have a weekly meeting? Maybe some week night like Thursday night @ 8 o'clock? That;s just a suggestion but that way we all know the set time. So please post any suggestions.
I am hoping to get somethings moving soon, I am waiting on my contact at the local mall to send me some info an having a booth as well.

Is anyone in the group involved in any other ubuntu projects? There are plenty out there so I do encourage you to get involved and help.

crane
June 12th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Well, since there have been no objections the meetings will be every Thursday night at 8PM.
Please join in and bring some ideas!

MerlinsLair
August 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Man, sorry to have missed the meeting last night. It just slipped my mind due to classes, work and just being totally brain dead.

So, anyone want to fill me in? 8^)

crane
August 10th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Not a problem, I believe everyone was pretty busy last night.
I would like to start getting the group involved a bit more. So That will be the discussion during the next meeting.

MerlinsLair
August 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Good deal then. I'll make sure to mark my calendar for the next meeting. Am in the process of re-vamping a website, registering for more classes and so forth so I'm gonna mark several calendars just to make sure! ;)

michaelramm
August 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I was unaware of the meeting last night (since yesterday was my first day in the AL LOCO).

The one bad thing is that 8pm is bad for me. My son does not typically go to bed until 830ish, then I jump into WoW for guild stuff. But I could follow meetings and WoW at the same time (probably).

I will probably jump into the meetings late (around 845-900p).

See you next week,
Michael

crane
August 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I was unaware of the meeting last night (since yesterday was my first day in the AL LOCO).

The one bad thing is that 8pm is bad for me. My son does not typically go to bed until 830ish, then I jump into WoW for guild stuff. But I could follow meetings and WoW at the same time (probably).

I will probably jump into the meetings late (around 845-900p).

See you next week,
Michael

That meeting time was set up a few months ago to have a certain time set that we could discuss what we needed to. If the demand for the time to be changed is big enough we can vote to change it with no problems. I try to stay on irc as much as possible as well as icq and google talk so if anyone has something they want to discuss we can.

michaelramm
August 16th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I hope that we are still planning on having the meeting tomorrow night. I will be a little late. My kids don't hit the bed until 830-900pm.

I always see a lot of peeps on (8 logged in now) but no one is ever talking or at their computers.

Michael

crane
August 17th, 2007, 01:17 AM
That seems to happen a good bit. I think the 8:00 time may conflict with everyone getting their families settled in.
Why don't we take requests on when the meeting should be and see if we can find a time that is easier for everyone. Maybe go to everyother week and not weekly. Doesn't really matter to me, I just want to get a time set where we can really start getting together on some projects and ideas.

chrinabuntu
February 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
So, as you know I'm just joining here...so when you say meeting, and you talk about IRC, I can gather that these are IRC meetings? I've never used IRC. I use every messenger in the world, well, Yahoo, MSN and AIM. (I was so excited to find Trillian some years ago...now that I'm in the Linux world, I'm excited that there is a Linux alternative! I use Pidgin and find it quite cute).

So anyway...what's the deal on IRC? Can't I get to that with ICQ? That's another one I don't use. Or do I have to go to some url to get to it? I think someone said there is a link to it somewhere here in the forums. I'll have to look around some more.

PS - Editing to add that I just took note of the date of the last post...August '07! Do these meetings still happen? No one seems to be discussing it anymore...at least not on this thread.

michaelramm
February 21st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Chris,

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=703649

IRC is a little different than IM. IRC is like group IM, or chatrooms. There is a client called XChat that is available from the repos that is my favorite. Opening it up, connect to the Freenode servers (it is in the server listings), than join the #ubuntu-alabama room (using /join #ubuntu-alabama cmd)

If you have trouble, you can IM me at AIM: michaeldramm

Michael

chrinabuntu
February 22nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks Michael....I'll check it out! I look forward to chatting with some folks!

reed026
February 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Mozilla FF as has a plugin where you can have an IRC client inside FF. I forgot the name of it though, I think it's chatzilla.