PDA

View Full Version : About broken hearts...

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I have to admit it, I think I took it very well... but I needed to share something that just happened to me.

Half of my life I've been looking a girl without any success... and with this, I mean not even dates... but then, this girls comes in my life, I date her for a couple of months, she gives me new hopes, new reasons to live... and this morning she sent me a message... "I'm going to get married next July 21th at 10am..."

****!!!

Guys... I really need some words...

starcraft.man
June 8th, 2007, 03:20 PM
LOL! I assume that was a text message/email and that she was saying another guy, thats a bit harsh...

What can I say except for the famous and French line "C'est la vie."

Really though... guess she didn't think as much of it as you did. Time to find another one, or become a fun loving bachelor (I'm the latter :) ).

DoctorMO
June 8th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Women! most of the time marriage is fun but sometimes you do get the moody cow moments so perhaps you've be saved some what.

Will you be attending the wedding?

Adamant1988
June 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I have to admit it, I think I took it very well... but I needed to share something that just happened to me.

Half of my life I've been looking a girl without any success... and with this, I mean not even dates... but then, this girls comes in my life, I date her for a couple of months, she gives me new hopes, new reasons to live... and this morning she sent me a message... "I'm going to get married next July 21th at 10am..."

****!!!

Wow, rough stuff man. I think the most important thing I can tell you to do is stop looking for them. Just let things work out how they're supposed to.

As for the girl in question, I think you should wish her well and be supportive and friendly. You can rebound from it, a lot of people have come back from worse. Just relax and go with whatever happens.

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Women! most of the time marriage is fun but sometimes you do get the moody cow moments so perhaps you've be saved some what.

Will you be attending the wedding?

Well, If she invites me, I think I am polite enough and won't refuse the invitation. Anyway, up to some point I'm happy because she found someone to love... and other part of me feels sorry for the guy... I mean, I don't know who's got the horns in this case...

ThinkBuntu
June 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Too bad, but please. With so many beautiful, amazing women in the world, no reason to get too dramatic over a failed three-month thing. Chances are that once you'd been with her for a little over a year, your feelings would harden a bit and you wouldn't be in the "crush" stage that has you so down anymore. I'm having the opposite problem. Beautiful, lovely lady who I've been with for nearly two years. Was madly in love for the first year, but now time has unfortunately tempered my feelings. Of course, to make it hard, she's still crazy about me, but I'll try and wait it out and enjoy my healthy love life in the meantime :^q

Hendrixski
June 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Were you actually dating? Or did you just assume you were dating and she assumed you were just hanging out?

Is she getting married to someone she loves or someone that she's getting paid to marry? (like an immigrant who wants to get automatic citizenship for example)?

If you two ever slept together, have solace in the fact that you'll probably continue to do so... I hooked up with a girl once, then found out a week or two later that she was married and we continued seeing each other for another 9 or so months.

When I found out of course I thought "oh my god, I'm a terrible person, I'm going to hell for this" then my friend told me this and it changed my life:
"every girl has her boyfriend (or husband), then she has that nerdy guy friend who fixes her computer, and she has 'that guy' ... you know, the one she sleeps with".

infidelity is something like 80% marriages (probably higher) ... in fact... statistically speaking 60% chance that your father isn't your father. Monogamy is a myth. Enjoy life to the fullest.

jgrabham
June 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
At least theres people who feels more crap than me - girl I really like - asked out - said she was in love with some other guy. :[

ThinkBuntu
June 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Were you actually dating? Or did you just assume you were dating and she assumed you were just hanging out?

Is she getting married to someone she loves or someone that she's getting paid to marry? (like an immigrant who wants to get automatic citizenship for example)?

If you two ever slept together, have solace in the fact that you'll probably continue to do so... I hooked up with a girl once, then found out a week or two later that she was married and we continued seeing each other for another 9 or so months.

When I found out of course I thought "oh my god, I'm a terrible person, I'm going to hell for this" then my friend told me this and it changed my life:
"every girl has her boyfriend (or husband), then she has that nerdy guy friend who fixes her computer, and she has 'that guy' ... you know, the one she sleeps with".

infidelity is something like 80% marriages (probably higher) ... in fact... statistically speaking 60% chance that your father isn't your father. Monogamy is a myth. Enjoy life to the fullest.
Yea, don't listen to that guy unless you want her pissed husband knocking on your door at 3 AM with a baseball bat.

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM

Unfortunately, we were dating, but sex never happened. I think I was just the nice guy who put a bit of salt and spice to her life. The moments we had together were a real bunch of fun. But well, I think I'm just not THE MAN (again...). It's funny because this happens to me a lot... no one have ever been so cruel as to ruin me a perfectly nice morning with such a new... but well, life is life isn'it??

Bachstelze
June 8th, 2007, 04:25 PM
At least theres people who feels more crap than me - girl I really like - asked out - said she was in love with some other guy. :[

We should start some kind of club, and make Heartbreakbuntu :p

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Welcome to the club... I can tell you that's by bread & butter...

jgrabham
June 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the club... I can tell you that's by bread & butter...

Wow, u guys are the only people Ive told!

Lucifiel
June 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Well, if I were you, don't bother to attend the wedding.

Why?

Because it is not worthwhile to continue relations with a woman who treated you so badly. It is one thing to let the person you're seeing know that you're dating others at the same time but another thing to keep him/her in the dark about other "engagements" you have. With such a serious issue, "letting the other perceive/assume" is no excuse.

So, cut the strings, wish her well and say goodbye. Otherwise, this woman might continue to screw you over on basis of her friendship or acquaintance with you.

ThinkBuntu
June 8th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Well, if I were you, don't bother to attend the wedding.

Why?

Because it is not worthwhile to continue relations with a woman who treated you so badly. It is one thing to let the person you're seeing know that you're dating others at the same time but another thing to keep him/her in the dark about other "engagements" you have. With such a serious issue, "letting the other perceive/assume" is no excuse.

So, cut the strings, wish her well and say goodbye. Otherwise, this woman might continue to screw you over on basis of her friendship or acquaintance with you.
Word.

Lucifiel
June 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Also, she might have already been engaged beforehand and not been honest with you or her fiancee.

Edit: Even though I'm a female, I must say this person sounds like trouble. And perhaps, you should think about why you're attracting the females you don't want, to you. And what you can do about that.

Hendrixski
June 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Also, she might have already been engaged beforehand and not been honest with you or her fiancee.

good call. On the scale of one to ten of lies... not telling her date that she's getting married is about a 3 or 4. Not telling her fiancé she's dating someone else... is about a 5 or 6.

look on the bright side. Someone else was lied to worse.

Hendrixski
June 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yea, don't listen to that guy unless you want her pissed husband knocking on your door at 3 AM with a baseball bat.

Doesn't happen much actually... From what I've heard from other people who've been in similar situations, guys usually beet up their girlfriends rather than the guy she was cheating with. My advice is just don't get caught.

But none of this applies in this guys case, he's not in any sexual infidelity, soo... yeah. it's just a bad situation to be in.

BTW... I do sympathize with the man. That is still a bitch move on her part.

Lucifiel
June 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
good call. On the scale of one to ten of lies... not telling her date that she's getting married is about a 3 or 4. Not telling her fiancé she's dating someone else... is about a 5 or 6.

look on the bright side. Someone else was lied to worse.

Gah... oh well. Gotta pity the poor sod. (Geez... have I been reading that many Dear Abby and Dear Margo columns?!)

To threadstarter:
Oh and if my suspicion that "she kept the fiancee and you in the dark about one another" was true, please refrain from telling the fiancee about it. I know it'll be painful but it's far better to keep the peace and to keep your distance from them.

FuturePilot
June 8th, 2007, 05:07 PM
That was kind of harsh the way she told you. It probably wouldn't have hit you like a brick if she would have told you in person.

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Gah... oh well. Gotta pity the poor sod. (Geez... have I been reading that many Dear Abby and Dear Margo columns?!)

To threadstarter:
Oh and if my suspicion that "she kept the fiancee and you in the dark about one another" was true, please refrain from telling the fiancee about it. I know it'll be painful but it's far better to keep the peace and to keep your distance from them.

Don't worry, I don't even know his name... I'm a peaceful guy, and I don't like ruining others happiness. If they're happy, good, I don't need to screw things up. What really hurts me is that she has been the only person who seemed to take me seriously, EVER. Bad stuff in the end, everything was as it always has been... some kind of joke...

I'm starting feeling like a wastebasket... A good place to put all the stuff you don't wanna have in a place you really appreciate...

Cheese Sandwich
June 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ubuntu is your wife now.

Stop pining for those nice-smelling carbon blobs.

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Ubuntu is your wife now.

Stop pining for those nice-smelling carbon blobs.

Now, I'm seriously considering this an option, lol.

m@dm@x
June 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
As the once famous Rodney Anonymous fro the Dead Milkmen said, "If you love someone, set them on fire". Sorry to hear about your luck bud. I just split with a girl I was madly in love with. Sparky Sparky!

gashcr
June 8th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Just thinking... could it be that many of the guys in the forum have some hard times with girls...

Cheese Sandwich
June 8th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Just thinking... could it be that many of the guys in the forum have some hard times with girls...

Naw!

rudder
June 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM

HAHA, I've been married for a few years... trust me on this one: Every guy has hard times with girls. You just gotta find one that you can work with through the issues... I was 28 before I met one that wasn't too mentally unbalanced to deal with! I have a friend who just found a good woman and he is turning 60 next year. It takes time man so just relax and let it happen;)

Seriously though, it is a lot easier to hit the send button than tell you face to face. That is such a childish way to do it... The respectable thing to do would be to tell you in person or at least on the phone. People who do that sort of thing generally aren't ready for the grown up world. I know it hurts man, but be thankful you found out after a couple of months of dating than a few years of marriage. I'd cut her loose now too... chances are she would only invite you to feel better about herself. Of course I am basing all this on a short post in an Internet forum so for all I know she could be a wonderful person but if you feel that she did you wrong then she did and you don't need people like that dragging you down in life.

anaconda
June 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I feel your pain..

dont let it happen again

If you want to understand what you did wrong study this:
http://www.doubleyourdating.com/
It blew my mind, and helped to understand better ;)

floke
June 9th, 2007, 12:12 AM
HAHA, I've been married for a few years... trust me on this one: Every guy has hard times with girls. You just gotta find one that you can work with through the issues... I was 28 before I met one that wasn't too mentally unbalanced to deal with! I have a friend who just found a good woman and he is turning 60 next year. It takes time man so just relax and let it happen;)

Seriously though, it is a lot easier to hit the send button than tell you face to face. That is such a childish way to do it... The respectable thing to do would be to tell you in person or at least on the phone. People who do that sort of thing generally aren't ready for the grown up world. I know it hurts man, but be thankful you found out after a couple of months of dating than a few years of marriage. I'd cut her loose now too... chances are she would only invite you to feel better about herself. Of course I am basing all this on a short post in an Internet forum so for all I know she could be a wonderful person but if you feel that she did you wrong then she did and you don't need people like that dragging you down in life.

Absolutely.

Look mate, in the end, after 250,000 posts or whatever on your thread, it comes down to this.
You either get over it, or you don't.

Actually it's not much of a choice. So get over it. She sounds like a complete **** to me anyway. No great loss. I'm guessing, you're 18-20 (??). For ****'s sake, chill out! It doesn't seem like it now, but seriously dude, you have p - l - e - n -t- y of time!!

gashcr
June 9th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Absolutely.

Look mate, in the end, after 250,000 posts or whatever on your thread, it comes down to this.
You either get over it, or you don't.

Actually it's not much of a choice. So get over it. She sounds like a complete **** to me anyway. No great loss. I'm guessing, you're 18-20 (??). For ****'s sake, chill out! It doesn't seem like it now, but seriously dude, you have p - l - e - n -t- y of time!!

Well, I'm actually 24, and I know you're right, I MUST let her go. I know I have too much time, but it's sometimes hard when you have been alone all your life, suddenly you think it could change, and then, nope, lonely again...

ThinkBuntu
June 9th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Please. I love women, I know women, and women love me :^)

What would I do without you ladies?

YourSurrogateGod
June 9th, 2007, 02:44 AM

****!!!

I'd buy you a beer if you weren't so damn far away :) .

I've been there.

I went out to see this one chick, after a week of spending some time with her she introduced me to her boyfriend (and no, I didn't know she had one.)

That's life dude.

Something tells me that you're reasonably young, keep trying :) .

floke
June 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm actually 24, and I know you're right, I MUST let her go. I know I have too much time, but it's sometimes hard when you have been alone all your life, suddenly you think it could change, and then, nope, lonely again...

Mate, I DO KNOW exactly what it's like, seriously.
But having gone through and come out the other side, I'm telling you (consider me your future self at this point) that you have to just move on. Harsh, and extremely hard I know, but its the only way. Get drunk. Get stoned. Chill out. Move on.

You'll do ok.

mips
June 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
What really hurts me is that she has been the only person who seemed to take me seriously, EVER.

Maybe you should have made a move on her. Maybe she was waiting for you to make a move and you did not so she looked elsewhere. Woman also have needs & they need to be satisfied. This does not mean you are a sleazeball.

This is just one possible interpretation of what could have happened.

jgrabham
June 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM

And for anyone who cares I asked her on myspace who it was, she said this guy ----- from ------, I'm sort of going out with him now.

Knife, meet wrists

gashcr
June 13th, 2007, 08:52 PM
And for anyone who cares I asked her on myspace who it was, she said this guy ----- from ------, I'm sort of going out with him now.

Knife, meet wrists

Damn man!! That's why I'm looking forward to forgetting about girls for a while an focusing in the only really important thing in life: myself :P

jgrabham
June 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Damn man!! That's why I'm looking forward to forgetting about girls for a while an focusing in the only really important thing in life: myself :P

I wish I could do that!! wierd - still keep thinking about her a week after she said that. Oh well. I hate being a teenager :[

gashcr
June 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I wish I could do that!! wierd - still keep thinking about her a week after she said that. Oh well. I hate being a teenager :[

How old are you dude?? Don't worry, it's inevitable. She left a mark in you. I still think about girls I haven't seen in months. I'm 24 now, and I've just realized what I have to do. It takes a way huge amount of hurt for some people (being myself one of those) to realize it's time to let it go. You are in the best part of the life, believe, don't take girls so serious, I think that's my bigger mistake...

southernman
June 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well, I'm actually 24, and I know you're right, I MUST let her go. I know I have too much time, but it's sometimes hard when you have been alone all your life, suddenly you think it could change, and then, nope, lonely again...I have empathy for you, my friend! Not a single person, can say they have not felt the heartbreak of a love/relationship gone astray.

It's better to have loved, than to have never loved before! (old quote from whom I don't know)

Sounds as if your having software problems to me, there have been many bug reports on Launchpad. There are thousands of developers - both open and closed source - working on the problem at hand. Some have had success and others well... they are still reporting problems.

Unfortunately the only way to repair Ugirlfriend-1.0 at the present time is an upgrade. Do this by going to your /pub directory and wget Ugirlfriend-1.1 beta and fgs whatever you do, do NOT install any updates. Save the updates for a time after the program has run for a number of years and all bugs have been worked out.

At this time we have reports of numerous people using the Beta release of Ugirlfriend, having to wipe the HDD clean and continue using the Beta program of Ugirlfriend sometimes through versions 2, 3, 4, 5, or more before finally needing to install Uwife-1.0. So, this leads us to believe that there is indeed hope you will eventually have success.

WARNING: Running multple instances of Ugirlfriend or Uwife can lead to serious hardware conflicts... eventually causing a complete system crash. At that time, you will have to restart your system by reinstalling Ugirlfriend-1.0. If you do not head this warning, you must realize it is at your own risk, we can not be head responsible for improper useage.

<end geeky bs>

I/We all know that relationships can be tough... even the best of relationships suffer hardships along the way. If you are truly feeling depressed and it starts effecting your day to day existence, by all means, consult a professional. There is no shame in seeing a therapist. No harm admitting that you can't do it all on your own. We all need help to some extent, at some point in our lives.

Be thankful for what you have! Do not harbor those things you do not have! YOU will be the better person for doing so.

If your a believer, turn it over to the man upstairs. He never gives you more than you can handle... ever! Look for the footsteps in the sand, my friend, for they are there.

Best wishes and God speed!

:)

gashcr
June 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM
jaja, this one was pretty funny.

Thank you for your support guys!!