PDA

View Full Version : Geeky-computers in movies and TV

neoflight
June 8th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Even in these days of "technological marvels" the computers in TV and movies still do not have a command line or cursors for that matter; sometimes not even a mouse or any such device...

The 'geeks' who are using it type rapidly and ultra 2D or 3D simulations run, change, zoom, on the screen. Even though this does not make any sense, its kinda nice, esp. the sound it makes...the 'ntis ntis ntis" sound...

I am on the look out on how to make this thing happen in my pc. is it possible?
say not thru the multimedia speakers... instead using the system speaker?

what say?

those stupid geeks in movies or TV.. mainly CSI 's. sigh....;)

jfinkels
June 8th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Even in these days of "technological marvels" the computers in TV and movies still do not have a command line or cursors for that matter; sometimes not even a mouse or any such device...

The 'geeks' who are using it type rapidly and ultra 2D or 3D simulations run, change, zoom, on the screen. Even though this does not make any sense, its kinda nice, esp. the sound it makes...the 'ntis ntis ntis" sound...

I am on the look out on how to make this thing happen in my pc. is it possible?
say not thru the multimedia speakers... instead using the system speaker?

what say?

those stupid geeks in movies or TV.. mainly CSI 's. sigh....;)

I'm afraid your text representation of the sound 'ntis ntis ntis' is translating back into sound for me...I don't know what you're talking about :P

neoflight
June 8th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'm afraid your text representation of the sound 'ntis ntis ntis' is translating back into sound for me...I don't know what you're talking about :P

i dont know how to explain it...its the sound when something is zoomed or when texts or numbers scroll,,,its rapid kinda high frequency...

jfinkels
June 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM
i dont know how to explain it...its the sound when something is zoomed or when texts or numbers scroll,,,its rapid kinda high frequency...

Ooohhh, I know what you're talking about. That would get annoying after a while if each key press made a clicking noise (beyond the noise it already makes).

hardyn
June 8th, 2007, 01:29 AM
back a zillon years ago... after watching "hackers" i sooo wanted my machine running windows 3.1 to make the 'clunk' 'clunk' 'clunk' noises with the key strokes, just like the 'gibson'.