PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X

Baelfael
June 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
What do you think of it?

I personally like it a lot better than Windows. It's cleaner looking, runs smoother, just better environment. However, I like the way Linux runs better. Therefore, I make my Linux computer have an OSX look to it (thanks to emerald and things), and also get the usability of Linux. I could also never afford a Mac. I don't really want one anymore cause I like Ubuntu a lot better.

It's a lot better than Windows users emulating the Mac look. At least Linux users get a good look and a great operating system. Windows users are just getting a decent look. And that usually sucks a little, because the fonts don't look good, and they need to install dozens and dozens of applications just to get some crap looking like Mac. I didn't really need to do much to KDE to make it have a mac look.

Anyway, discuss mac and related things.

karellen
June 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM
there's a forum just for that in others os talk...;)

Baelfael
June 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Crap. XD

Didn't see that. Move please, mods?

karellen
June 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM
:)....I don't own a mac and probably won't in the near future, but I've heard only good things about os x (even not all so good about apple as a company - itunes, drm, attitude and so on )

starcraft.man
June 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I never understood the whole buttons on the left thing Mac has going (it really annoyed me)... I guess thats my only real pet peeve with how it is presented. I've only used it a bit... not interested that much really, at all. I definitely don't like the notion of being locked into the hardware. Bothers me... A LOT. By that I'm referring to how they distribute their software, I just don't like it.

That's all I have to say. I don't really get why your asking on a Linux forum, I don't think there are that many users that buy OSX/Mac to put/try Linux on it... Leo Laporte may be the only Mac user I know (he's on TV) that put Linux on his old macs.