PDA

View Full Version : When did breezy get removed from repos?

siimo
June 7th, 2007, 07:21 AM
I just logged into my breezy machine to umm... apt-get install gimp and bam! i am hit with 404 errors. I got to the repo to investigate and seems the whole distro has been removed from http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/

I guess its time for an upgrade ;) That reminds me my server is still running warty worthhog, but i don't need to install anything on it so i guess i will leave it be. It has an uptime of 274 days currently. Previously it was up for 332 days or so as well I think and 100 odd before that so it has served me good thus far and nothing needs to be changed on it as it just hosts a CVS repository and a file server.

Quillz
June 7th, 2007, 07:35 AM
You should at least upgrade to Dapper Drake, although Feisty Fawn is very nice at this point.

Bagster
June 7th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Breezy support ended on the 13th April. I'd upgrade to feisty - it has some nice features, or if you want stability go for dapper - its supported till 2009 for the desktop and 2011 on the server side.

DigitalDuality
June 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
d

FuturePilot
June 7th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Nope, they're still around
http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/
The repos still exist, it's just that since it's not a supported distro anymore you won't get any updates.

I agree though. At least upgrade to Dapper.

jiminycricket
June 7th, 2007, 03:07 PM
yeah, i'm running hula groupware server alpha that was discontinued and apache, along with mediawiki and drupal, ssh, and vsftp on a breezy box. No way i'm upgrading. And if i do "upgrade", it'll be to debian rather than ubuntu..b/c i don't need such a short lived release cycle and end to security updates.

Breezy wasn't a LTS release, only Dapper is so far (5 years), just in case you didn't know. Eeverything else is 18 months/desktop use only..

FuturePilot
June 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Breezy wasn't a LTS release, only Dapper is so far (5 years), just in case you didn't know. Eeverything else is 18 months/desktop use only..
Dapper is supported for 3 years on the desktop and 5 on the server. That doesn't mean though that you can't put one of the 18 month distros on a server.

BooVeMan
June 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well - they are listed in packages.ubuntu.com/breezy - but I can figure a way to make them usable for apt. Suggestions?

tnf
June 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
BUMP!

Did you find anything on this? I have my company laptop running on breezy and definitely will not get around to update it in the next weeks... Would be very nice to find a way to at least have the old repositories

Anyone any ideas?

PatrickMay16
June 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well - they are listed in packages.ubuntu.com/breezy - but I can figure a way to make them usable for apt. Suggestions?

I suppose the only choice at this point is to upgrade to dapper, or if you still use hoary get hold of a breezy CD and upgrade using the packages on the disk, then upgrade that to dapper.