PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-lite AntiX Linux

bone43
June 7th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I saw this today looks interesting for one of my old laptops anyone loaded it up yet?

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8031025874.html

kerry_s
June 7th, 2007, 04:18 AM
not yet, i don't have a burner right now, but i'm sure it will be a great addition to the mepis line up for those die hard mepis users. i did try his stuff way back when he was first starting and could already see it was off to a great start. first chance i get i'll be taking that for a test drive. ;)

anticapitalista
June 8th, 2007, 10:07 PM
kerry, I was messing around on the web and saw this post, and just want to mention that I have incorporated some of your tips into antiX (with recognition). Thanks once again for all your help, comments, criticisms when early testing antiX.

anticapitalista

MyronTany
June 13th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I have loaded it on my old Gateway laptop, and I think it's already one of the best light Linux distros out there. I liked Xubuntu, but the latest version of it will not install on my laptop. Antix loads quickly, has lots of applications and has better multimedia support (e.g. I can run Flash and MP3 files). There are still things I am trying to figure out. I can't access Firefox with Flux, so I have to switch window managers to IceWM to surf the Internet. Then when I wanted to play an MP3 file, I couldn't find XMMS in IceWM and switched back to Flux. No doubt most of my problems come down to not being a Linux expert.