PDA

View Full Version : Where are you vacationing this summer?

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Where are you taking a vacation to?

I myself am going to Northern Michigan to enjoy the beach.

Iarwain ben-adar
June 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I'm off to Oudenaarde for 2 weeks (it's like 40km away from my home :D)

Iarwain

ThinkBuntu
June 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
My office. I might take a few days off in July and just lounge at the pool with my ladyfriend.

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM
My office. I might take a few days off in July and just lounge at the pool with my ladyfriend.

You must be pretty busy to only take a few days off. Unless you spend your vacation weeks during the winter.

T-MAN3000
June 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm going on a big trip, which will take me to Hungary to the Sziget festival, then by train via Poland and Belarus to St Petersburg, Russia to learn Russian for four weeks. After that it's off to the Transsiberia Express to Beijing, flying back to Kiev, Ukraine. I won't stay there for long though, I'm going further to Sofia, Bulgary where my sister is studying. Then I've been free from work for 6-7 weeks, so it's time to go back home in Amsterdam :D

steeleyuk
June 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm hoping to get a week out in Madrid to watch a couple of Real's games... probably be around September or October though. So the saving up for that means I won't be able to afford a holiday over summer

ThinkBuntu
June 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
You must be pretty busy to only take a few days off. Unless you spend your vacation weeks during the winter.
I have about nine days of vacation left, but real trips cost money, the likes of which I don't have in vast amounts. I'll probably just take random days here and there off.

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm going on a big trip, which will take me to Hungary to the Sziget festival, then by train via Poland and Belarus to St Petersburg, Russia to learn Russian for four weeks. After that it's off to the Transsiberia Express to Beijing, flying back to Kiev, Ukraine. I won't stay there for long though, I'm going further to Sofia, Bulgary where my sister is studying. Then I've been free from work for 6-7 weeks, so it's time to go back home in Amsterdam :D

Wow, you sound very busy, have fun with all the traveling!

Dragonbite
June 7th, 2007, 01:58 PM
If my vacation time doesn't get taken up by random doctor visits, kid's activities, jury duty and the like, we may be looking at doing some sort of vacation in Maine, but we're not sure yet.

We're too busy getting ready for our 6 year-old's 7th birthday party in 2 weeks. After that, then we'll see.

Bavo
June 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'll probably go to Holland for a weekend, and maybe a weekend here in Belgium.

No big plans to go far abroad yet, but there's still a lot of time :)

Ebuntor
June 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I'll probably go to Holland for a weekend

Trust me nothing interesting to see here, boring as hell. ;)
How is Belgium though? I"ll be going there for about week and (hopefully) Rome after that.

Bavo
June 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Trust me nothing interesting to see here, boring as hell. ;)
How is Belgium though? I"ll be going there for about week and (hopefully) Rome after that.

Boring as hell :)

Really, there's nothing much to see here either (you guys have coffeeshops at least :)), if you go to the beach its crowded, the cities aren't to interesting and there's not much nature to see, at least in not Flanders.

You might find some nice camping places in the Ardens tough.
And if you like to see historical places there's also some things to see here, but there boring.

I like do Antwerp, Ghent and Brussels to go out, but there not beautiful cities, Antwerp is ok, but Brussels is just plain ugly.

sanderella
June 7th, 2007, 04:23 PM
California. :KS
I hate flying. 14 hours from Heathrow, even longer coming back.:(