PDA

View Full Version : A short intro

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hello Ubuntu Forum Users. Just thought I would make a quick little introduction here. My name is Dylan, I'm 14 years old and I live in Chicago IL, USA. I've been using Linux off and on since I was 10. I just recently got my own laptop for a graduation present and thought I would look into Ubuntu. So I installed it and I'm absolutely loving it!

Other things;

I play competitive traveling soccer and I love graphic/web design.

Iarwain ben-adar
June 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Hiya Dylan

Glad you hopped on!
Welcome to the forums my friend, you will find heaps of helpful people around here :D

Iarwain

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Nice to meet you iarwain. I am already loving the level of posts and activity there are here.

reclusivemonkey
June 6th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I play competitive traveling soccer and I love graphic/web design.

Hi =]

What do you think about Beckham signing for Galaxy?

bcasanov
June 6th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Hi Dylan!

Welcome aboard, it's nice seeing new ubuntuers on the forums!

durrell
June 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Wow..14 and already using Linux, that's pretty impressive. I'm new here as well..it seems like a great place to be. :)

arbulus
June 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome! Glad that you've been ejoying Ubuntu. I hope your computing experience with Linux is a pleasant one. If you ever have any troubles, there's a lot a great folk here willing to help out any way they can.

Best of luck to you.

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hi =]

What do you think about Beckham signing for Galaxy?

In honesty, I don't watch much professional soccer or pay much attention to it. Although, Beckham seems to be dieing out, he was the new thing a couple years back. Now it's all about Ronaldinho and how he is the new superstar. I wish in America they showed more professional soccer on T.V. I would actually watch it if they did.

reclusivemonkey
June 6th, 2007, 08:16 PM
In honesty, I don't watch much professional soccer or pay much attention to it. Although, Beckham seems to be dieing out, he was the new thing a couple years back. Now it's all about Ronaldinho and how he is the new superstar. I wish in America they showed more professional soccer on T.V. I would actually watch it if they did.

England played Brazil the other night in a friendly and Beckham did more than Ronaldihno...

He's actually been on of Real Madrid's best players at the end of the season, wanting to go out on a high note I expect.

I think the problem with Soccer on TV in America is you have to have 45 minutes without adverts!

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think the problem with Soccer on TV in America is you have to have 45 minutes without adverts!

Yes thats exactly why. The money guzzlers think that anymore then 5 minutes without adverts is loss of money. Thats why American Football is aired so much because they get at least 1 commercial in every play.

Also like I said I don't follow much professional soccer. In America however, Ronaldinho is much more popular then Beckham.

reclusivemonkey
June 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Also like I said I don't follow much professional soccer. In America however, Ronaldinho is much more popular then Beckham.

He's certainly a more exciting and skilled player. You've seen the You Tube clip of him and his golden boots I take it?

What position do you play?

Rightmantrigger
June 6th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Yes I've seen many youtube clips of him. I watch many youtube soccer clips, just not the actual games. My main position is right midfielder. Although on occasion, depending on the circumstances I will play right full back or right forward.

Znupi
June 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I've been using Linux off and on since I was 10.
Bummer, and here I was being the youngest person (16) I knew who uses Linux on his desktop PC...

Anyway, have a nice stay :)

jgrabham
June 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Bummer, and here I was being the youngest person (16) I knew who uses Linux on his desktop PC...

Anyway, have a nice stay :)

I beat u anyway (14(well for 23 more days))

Znupi
June 6th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Glad to hear it :). And happy birthday for 23 days from now :).

jgrabham
June 6th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear it :). And happy birthday for 23 days from now :).

Thx, g2g laptop battery dead, charger downstairs, supposed to be asleep! :]

Rightmantrigger
June 7th, 2007, 01:22 AM

I think I'm still the youngest user on here. I wont be turning 15 until September.