PDA

View Full Version : isz compressed iso support

aldeby
June 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Dear Ubuntu community,
is there any support in linux for ISZ compressed CD/DVD image?

The format has been developed by ezbsystems, the creator of UltraISO, and due to its open format (specs are available at http://www.ezbsystems.com/isz/iszspec.txt ) it is already supported by a few applications in windws such as DaemonTools image mounting utility.

Is there any way to mount these images here?
Running Ultraiso via wine works, but no image mounting is possible, furthermore being a compressed format the standard loop mounting should not work.
Thank you for your support!

jmesmon
June 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
EZB Systems offers a free license for certain technological aspects described above under certain restrictions
and conditions. A free SDK package is also available. Please contact EZB Systems at isz@ezbsystems.com with
regard to acquiring a license.

Unfortunately, while it does seem to be open (though i cannot confirm that it is documented correctly), EZB evidently feels they have a patent/some legal control over the information.

If anything, you will probably get a isz2iso program, not mounting support. (unless it is possible to write a fuse fs for it, which may or may not be do able)

turgidtoupee
March 9th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hi, I know this is an old topic, but you can convert these with anytoiso running under wine. I've got the latest version of wine and haven't tested any others, but I can confirm it works.

damnated
July 21st, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hi, I know this is an old topic, but you can convert these with anytoiso running under wine. I've got the latest version of wine and haven't tested any others, but I can confirm it works.
It works indeed, thanks for posting :popcorn:

monet.hart
September 8th, 2010, 05:08 AM
it is difficult to indeed get mounting suupport